Newt imagine 4

You look down at your arms and wrists uncomfortably, avoiding everyone's gazes as you peered down distastefully at a series of scars, bruises, and blood clots. hey were there so often it didn't seem odd or out of the ordinary...at least not anymore.

"Y/n? Did you hear me?" 

"Huh? OH, sorry what did you say?" 

Minho just laughed. "I asked why you have all of those scars and stuff on your wrists. We usually don't start beating people until they have at least a week in."

"Good, that means I can start kicking your ass this coming Monday."

Minho chuckled."Yeah right. You'd be on the floor faster than you can say 'griever'."

"You wanna bet?" you demand.

"Lets go then y/n. See what your made of. You wouldn't last a day in my world."

"Bet"

"Fine, name it."

"I bet that I can beat you in a fight at the bonfire tonight."

"You mean hat thing that Gally made up? With the circle?" 

"Yeah the one Newt was telling me about."

"Okay. And if I win you have to do what ever I want for as long as your here."Minho gave a mischievous grin as he wiggled his left brow.

"What a pedophilia. Okay fine. And if I win you have to let me take a day in your world."

"What?" 

"You have to let me go out in the maze tomorrow and then train me to be a runner."

"Yeah right! There's no way you'll last!"

"So you forfeit the bet?"

Minho's face reddened with anger."No!"

"So you agree?"

"No!"

"Well you have to agree to something! Either forfeit or agree!"

"Minho's right. There's no way that will happen." Alby spoke now.

"This isn't your bet! It's between me and minho!" 

There was silence and everyone stared at alby and you, shocked that anyone would speak to alby this way.

"Alright then." he said after a long while. "Minho, I give you full permission to knock some sense into her."

"Thank you." you say.

"What! Alby! No! She's just a girl! Most of the gladers here cant even survive the stress and pressure of the maze!" Newt burs ted out uncontrollably.

You were furious. How could anyone think less of you like that just because you were a girl. It was pure sexism, you thought.

"Y/n, are you okay?" A voice interrupted your thoughts. It was Thomas.

"Oh i'm fine. Just contemplating who to hang around with in this dump. Clearly your too sexist to be worth my time." You motion towards newt.

"What? No! That's not me!" newts face was hurt and desperate.

"Well clearly it is considering your describing to me the superiority that boys have over girls."

"No! That's not-"

"It doesn't matter."You cut him off."Minho i'll see you at the bonfire." and you walked off.

*** DA BONFIRE***

       The roaring fire burnt your skin as you gulped down another one of gally's concoctions. 

"Have another." You handed minho another bottle.

It was amusing to see a drunk Minho attempting to do anything. He could barley stand with out collapsing. Good your plan was working, you thought.

"Y/n."a burp came abruptly from minho before he continued. "Have you ever noticed how amazing and perfect my beeautiful face is?" minho sang.

"Not after tonight i'm afraid."

"Too bad after tonight your face wont get any better shuck face."

"Too shay" You laugh. Although you know minho is drunk and joking, it still hurts and tears something inside. Something that was once whole and lively but now bruised and scarred. 

"Now that's going a bit far minho."Thomas sat next to you.

"Why do you care? I don't mind and I can solve my own problems." trying not to seem too rude but you didn't like other people's help.

"What problems? Your perfect."

"Thomas you are as drunk as a fucked cat."you laugh. He chuckles and takes another drink from his bottle.

"I don't know what that has to do with anything. I thought we all already established this." newt smiled and sat down.

"Why are you here?" you tried not to sound too drunk. you didn't know why but with newt you didn't want to be in the wrong. You didn't want him to dislike or judge you.

A look of hurt swept newts face but then left.

"I just wanted to say     i'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you earlier. I don't want you thinking i'm some sexist jerk."

"I didn't think you were some sexist jerk."

"You didn't?" a hint of joy and relief filled his voice.

"No, I thought you were a sexist asshole but you know, all the same."

Minho laughed but newt didn't look amused.

"y/n i'm sorry. I-"

"I know your sorry newtie. I was only playing." This was the drink talking now. There's no way you would have ever called him newtie sober. This;however, seemed to put him at ease.

"Well you shouldn't do that. You know how hard it is to read girl's emotions."

"No its not. I just spent my entire life hiding them. I'm smarter than that. Why do you want to anyways? Nothing interesting hides there."

"What do you have to be smarter than?"

"Everything. Emotions are a weakness. Let one thing slip and now you vulnerable."

"Vulnerable to what?"

"Here newt have one." You pass him a bottle. He smiles and willingly takes it.

"Are you sure?"

"If I didn't want you to have it I wouldn't have offered it to you, now would I."

"No. I suppose not." he smiles.

Gosh his smiles his gorgeous.

" Is it almost time for me to knock some sense into you?" Minho interrupted.

"Lets go then loser."

Minho gave a howl and followed trying with all his might not to fall over.