“How long have you been a vampire?” I looked up at him as we walked down the small corridor which led to the library.

“I don’t quite remember, probably for 700 years.” He cupped his hand as he thought.

“What abilities can you do exactly?” I asked amazed at how old he is. “And how old is Annalisa?”

“Annalisa is 500 years old. I can: put barriers around people, make people forget things, remember things, do things, say things…” He stopped walking and stared into my eyes. I froze completely. “Feel things.” He continued walking and id did the same.

“Well that’s amazing. “ I said with sudden awe and inspiration.

“Yes, well we’re here.” He opened the door again and I walked into the library and looked around.

There were at least 10 bookshelves in here. The walls were covered with blue wallpaper and the floor was wooden. There were rectangular tables spread out in the library, some had people sitting at them, some were vacant. A vampire stood in front of us and smiled at us.

“Welcome to the library Brianna, are there any books I can interest you in?” He held at his hand to his desk which was in the center of the library.

“Yes, sir we would like books about vampire abilities.”

“Oh, learning about your race I see? Good on you. Come this way please.” He lead us to his desk and behind his desk were a bunch of books, one of them, which was on the top said, ‘Vampire abilities’. He picked it up and handed it to me. I found a table near the 10th bookcase and sat down.

“Brianna, I have to go now, I must attend to something. I hope you find what you want. I’ll be back soon. Good evening” Daryl said sadly. He picked my hand up and kissed it softly and left his lips there for one whole minute. I swear I felt something when he kissed my hand. He looked up at me and smiled and then left.

I watched Daryl leave, for some reason he reminded me of someone. Who? I don’t know. I opened the book and began reading. The first section that came up was mental abilities.

Seduction

Vampires learn this when they first become a vampire. Vampires cannot use this on each other. They’ll see right through it.

Symptoms that a human has been seduced are:

Obsession with the vampires looks.

Flirtiness.            

Need to be with the vampire

The need to see him/her

Feelings for the vampire

I read on and stopped when I came to the ‘Forget spell’.