Adam's Death

Abdullah  Ibn  Al  Imam  Ahmad  Ibn  Hanbal  narrated  that Ubai  Ibn  Kab  said:  "When  Adam's  death was  near,  he  said  to his  children:  "O  my  children,  indeed  I  feel  an  appetite  for  the  fruits  of Paradise." So  they  went  away  searching for what  Adam  had requested. They  met  with  the angels,  who  had with  them  his  shroud  and  what he  was  to be  embalmed  with.  They  said  to them:  "O  Children  of Adam,  what  are you searching for?  What  do  you want?  Where are you going?" They  said:  "Our  father  is sick and has an  appetite for  the fruits of  Paradise." The angels said to  them: "Go  back,  for  your  father  is going to  meet  his end soon." So  they  returned (with  the angels) and when  Eve saw them  she recognized them.  She tried to  hide herself behind  Adam.  He  said  to  her.  "Leave  me  alone.  I  came  before  you;  do  not  go  between  me and  the  angels  of  my  Lord."  So  they  took  his  soul,  embalmed  and  wrapped  him,  dug  the  grave  and laid  him in  it.  They prayed  on  him and  put  him in  his  grave,  saying:  "O  Children  of Adam,  this  is your  tradition  at  the time of  death."" Before  his  death Adam  reassured  his  children that  Allah would  not  leave  man alone  on the  earth, but  would  sent  His  prophets  to  guide  them.  The  prophets  would  have  different  names,  traits  and miracles,  but  they  would  be  united  in one  thing; the  call  to  worship  Allah alone.  This  was  Adam's bequest  to  his  children.  Adam finished  speaking  and  closed  his  eyes.  Then  the  angels  entered  his room and  surrounded  him.  When  he  recognized  the  Angel of Death  among  them,  his  heart  smiled  peacefully.

Successor After Adam

After Adam's  death,  his  soth  Seth  (Shiith) took over the responsibilities  of  prophethood, according  to  a  hadith narrated  by  Abu  Dhar.  Abu  Dhar  narrated  that  Prophet  Muhammad  (pbuh) said: "Allah  sent  down  one  hundred  and  four psalms, of  which  fifty  were  sent  down  to  Seth." (Sahih al  Bukhari)  When the  time  of  his  death came  Seth's  son Anoush succeeded  him.  He  in turn, was  succeeded by  his  son  Qinan,  who  was  succeeded by  Mahlabeel.  The Persians  claim  that Mahlabeel was  the  King  of the  Seven  Regions,  that  he  was  the  first  one  to  cut  down  trees  to  build cities  and  large  forts  and  that he  built the  cities  of  Babylonia.  He  reigned  for  a  period  of  forty years.  When  he died his  duties  were taken  ov  er by  his  son  Yard,  who  on  his  death,  bequeathed them  to  his  son  Khonoukh, who  is  Idris  (pbuh) according  to  the  majority  of  the  scholars.