Chapter 2

"This was Snowdin?" you looked to the flower whose dirt covered your hands with filth. "I believe it. Just how did it snow underground?"

"How am I supposed to know? It was this way before I was born," Flowey said. Your introductions had happened as you left the chamber in which you found him trapped. His initial reaction to your name wasn't very nice.

"Wait, you were born down here?" it was odd to you since he was a flower.

"I don't need to explain myself to you," he crossed his leaves.

"I'm curious though," you pried now crossing a bridge past the town. The sound of rushing water could be heard in the distance. Flowey remained silent. You looked down to see the look on his face. Now it was just confusion, like he was deep in thought. What was wrong with this flower? Other than the fact he can talk, has a face instead of flower parts, and the wilted look he still had. Continuing forward in silence you soon reached a waterfall. An idea came to your head. "You thirsty?"

"What, no, why?" Flowey scoffed.

"You're wilted and every living thing needs water," you insisted.

"Then just put me on the ground," you did as he asked. Dragging his roots he made it closer to the water and stuck them in. His petals began to glow a brighter yellow and the green seemed to return to his leaves.

"I knew that's what you needed," smiling you picked him back up.

"What I need is you to stop carrying me. I'm fine now! Just keep going straight the way out is simple. I'm done. Nothing more. Just go!" he screamed. A frown came onto your lips.

"You said you regretted not leaving with everyone else, I'm taking you with me. Nobody should be alone. Not even someone as mean as you," you explained.

"I wasn't always mean," he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. If I come with you there better be a big garden waiting for me!" he said.

"I don't have a garden. I have a big pot you can sit in though. I can fill it with nutritional soil and you'll be the most beautiful flower in our home," you offered.

"I don't want to be stuck with you for the rest of my days!" he shouted. "Why can't the other human just reset already." There it was again, another inaudible mumble. This time you didn't pry and continued on the way past more waterfalls, blue flowers, and glowing mushrooms. Then things started to get really hot. Sweat began to drip down your forehead. Who knew past all that wonderful water would be someplace so savage. An abandoned laboratory soon came into site. "That way," Flowey pointed to your left. Nodding you went forward. Rushing air could be heard in the distance. Arrows were on the ground in various places. It seemed to air was coming from vents and the arrows showed the way the air would throw oneself. You stopped in front of the first one.

"Is this the only way?" you asked looking down.

"You aren't scared are you," Flowey laughed. "Yes it's the only way and you better not drop me!"

Building up the courage you stepped forward and felt yourself being lifted off your feet. Tempted to close your eyes you landed on the next piece of sturdy ground. Sighing, you continued this until you were safe on the other side.

"Please tell me there are no more," you pleaded.

"Get over it. Once we get past all this crap there should be an elevator leading to what used to be the king's castle. The exit is just through there," Flowey instructed.

"You sure?" you asked.

"Positive," the Flower nodded. Walking down the rocky road ahead you began to wonder if you could really trust this flower. It never occurred to you until now and so far everything he said was true. He just seemed so aloof about everything. You'd ask him again about himself at the end of the journey in hopes he would answer this time.