Nine little soldier boys

- Nine little soldier boys staying up very late; One overslept himself and then there were Eight.-

they went to their rooms. ms. Harington opened her door again, there was nobody in the corridor anymore. she closed the door and silently walked to the dining room, taking a knife with her. she looked at the emerald figures on the table. there were only nine of them. she counted them again, still only nine. must be the shock, she thought and went back to her room. she always had been a little paranoid and having a knife helped. well, it didn't make her less paranoid, but it gave her a safe feeling. she stepped in her bed, holding the knife tight, and fell asleep.

in the middle of the night mrs. Rogers woke up. she heard footsteps on the other side of the door and started to panic a bit.
"Thomas? is that you?" she said, her voice high of al the nerves.
there was no answer.
"Thomas?"
still no answer. she thought about that night, when she saw Thomas murdering Jennifer Brady and she was just looking at it. she closed her eyes and tried to calm down.

miss Harington woke up from the sound of footsteps in the corridor. she stood up and opened the door. "dr. Armstrong what's wrong?" she asked. "is mrs. Rogers okay?" she added when she saw him coming out the Rogers' room.
"you don't have to worry about her anymore, ms Harington. she's dead", he replied.
miss Claythorne came walking towards them quickly. "will you please come with me?" she asked.
they followed her to the dining room. she pointed at the figures. "count them for me, please!"
they counted them.
"eight. there are eight of them", ms. Claythorne said with wide eyes.