Part 2

Baekhyun tried his best not to bawl his eyes out the second his supposed to be soul mate left him. With glassy eyes, he started to walk away from the pond, trying as hard as he could to erase the memory that keeps repeating like a movie in his head. He keeps chanting it's okay over and over again mentally, wiping the lone tear that had started to fall with the back of his hand. 

Xiumin started to follow his brother a few times later, running as fast as he could to catch up with Baekhyun whose dark aura started to form around him, sending few shivers to his spine. It's been so long since the bubbly Baekhyun had this dark aura surrounding him, he must be so sad after the harsh encounter with his unknown soul mate.

After following Baekhyun for quite some time, they finally ended up in front of Baekhyun's favorite bubble tea cafe. Baekhyun took a sit at the farthest corner booth, staring outside to god knows where. Xiumin followed after buying a chocolate bubble tea for Baekhyun and a coffee for himself.

A few minutes of painful silence later, Baekhyun started talking - more like a whisper - "It's so painful hyung, I can't endure the feeling of being rejected even before exactly knowing her" Baekhyun clutched his hand on his chest, sobbing as the word flew out of his mouth. Xiumin, being a thoughtful brother he was, engulfed Baekhyun in a brotherly hug and tries his best to comfort him. For as long as he can remember, Baekhyun has always had a heart as fragile as a china doll that needs to be treated with full concern.  

"It's okay Baek, people can change... Maybe she's stressed out or something, who knows right?" Xiumin released Baekhyun from the hug and said some encouraging, soothing word for him. 

"I don't know hyung. Maybe I'll just forget this ridiculous idea of marrying someone who doesn't even want to look at me"

Baekhyun turns gloomier as he said that, eyes narrowed to look at his cup that he was holding, rolling it a bit. 

Xiumin was utterly shocked when those words came out from his cheerful brother's mouth. Wasn't he the one that was eager much to marry his soul mate, how can he forgets it just like that, in a blink of an eye even. 

"Know what hyung. I'll accept the offer to continue my studying overseas"

Baekhyun stood up, walking slowly toward the exit, shocking Xiumin even more. Now, it's up to fate to make the soul mate meet each other and prove the red string of fate's myth.

fin

cliffhanger, my fav. finished 26/01/16. Sequel ? feel free to request... ;)