Final Fantasy 9 Walk-through

Greetings. Welcome to the Disc Three section of my walkthrough. As previously stated, this walkthrough is my own work. DON'T COPY IT. If you'd like to post it on your web page, you're free to do so--under three conditions. One, don't change it. Two, give me credit. Three, let me know. My email is rina@rpgplace.net. Thanks!
Key
Items and cards will be in bold.
Key items will be in red bold text.
Moogles' names will be in black bold text.
Stellazio coins will be in bold italic text.
*Please note that bosses will not be listed in the "Monsters" list for each section.
*I use "north," "south" "east" and "west" to refer to approximate directions in dungeons throughout this walkthrough. North means toward the top of the screen, south toward the bottom, east toward the right side of the screen (the player's right) and west toward the left (player's left). When on the World Map, these directions refer to compass points on the actual map.
Table of Contents
Part I: Alexandria
Part II: Treno
Part III: Alexandria In Danger
Part IV: Lindblum
Part V: Black Mage Village
Part VI: Dealing with Kuja
Part VII: Errand to Oelivert
Part VIII: Desert Palace
Part IX: Esto Gaza
Part X: Mount Gulug
Part XI: Chocobos
Part XII: Dageurreo
Part XIII: Alexandria Again
Part XIV: Wandering
Part XV: Friendly Monsters
Part XVI: Ipsen's Castle
Part XVII: The Four Shrines
Part XVIII: The Shimmering Island
Part XIX: Bran Bal
Part XX: Pandemonium

Part I: Alexandria
Items Opal, Topaz, Amethyst, Phoenix Pinion (x3), 3927 Gil, Ether, Lapis Lazuli
Key Items Leo Stellazio, Athlete Queen
Cards Ironite, Fang, Goblin, Shiva, Ramuh
Monsters None
Moogles Mosh, Kupo, Stiltzkin
Shops Doug's Item Shop, Alexandria Weapon Supply, Alchemist's Synthesis Shop
Special Notes There are a number of mini-games to take part in as Vivi, and one more as Zidane. Be sure you've finished them all before you advance to the next stage, because many of them are a one-time-only opportunity.

After a couple of scenes, you'll control Vivi. Before speaking to Zidane, why not explore? There are tons of mini-games to play, and you won't be able to access most of them after Vivi rejoins Zidane. First, remember Ilia's grandmother? The woman who loves to sew? Head for her house (to the right from the tavern) and speak to Hippaul and Hippolady. Hippaul has some very nice cards for you to win if you choose to play him, and there's also a mini-game here. Hippolady wants you to help Hippaul get in shape. For every race Vivi wins, Hippaul gains a level. For every ten levels he gains, Hippolady will give Vivi a rare card. The chart of levels and cards is below.
Prizes for Racing Hippaul
Hippaul's Level Prize
10 Wyerd Card
20 Carrion Worm Card
30 Tantarian Card
40 Armstrong Card
50 Ribbon Card
60 Nova Dragon Card
70 Genji Card
80 Athlete Queen Key Item

Please note that this mini-game is ONLY available now. You cannot play it after Vivi rejoins Zidane. It's a very easy mini-game up until about level 40. Then it gets much tougher. Frankly, it is my personal opinion that the game simply isn't worth it after level 60. The Genji Card is easier to get playing the jump-rope mini-game, at least for me. You'll have to decide if the Athlete Queen key item is worth it to you.
When you're done playing this mini-game, head for the alley where you met Puck, back at the beginning of the game. Talk to Blank and Marcus, and agree to see the play with them. Scenes will ensue, during which you get an Opal, Topaz, and Amethyst. You'll learn a little bit about Dagger's past.
As Eiko, you can save with Mosh if you like. The mix-up with the letter is amusing, but sweet. When Vivi joins Zidane, head to the bell tower and find your old friend Kupo. You should have a letter for him, and Stiltzkin is nearby, willing to sell you some more items. Your next destination is the castle, but there is one more mini-game you can play before doing that. Head to the weapons shop, where Benero, Zenero, and Genero are running a little gambling game. The maximum you can win at this game is 26,500 Gil, so be advised.
When you get bored with mini-games, make sure you've picked up the nice new equipment from the weapon, item, and synth shops before heading toward the castle. After Freya and Amarant's little tiff, check the area for 3927 Gil and a Phoenix Pinion. Ride the boat to the castle, and search the dock there for an Ether, Phoenix Pinion, and Lapis Lazuli. Take the left-hand path and check in the dungeon for a Phoenix Pinion, then go on to the next room and search for the Leo Stellazio. Return to the dock and head up. Your party will have an audience with Dagger. Be prepared for sap and humour. Ultimately, the party will decide to go to Treno and attend the card tournament.