Chapter 1

Britt's POV

7:36 am and it is already a bad day.

It started off with me  sleeping past my alarm, followed by spilling hot coffee all over my outfit, and nearly missing my train.

This is exactly why they don't let 16 year old girls do grown up jobs like this.

But hey, if I want to be a successful journalist when I grow up, internships like this are  the type of experience I need.  Even if it means waking up at 6:00 every Saturday and Sunday morning. 

The subway is more crowded than usual. In the last 5 minutes, I've become very familiar with the pocketbook of the woman next to me, which is rammed into my side. Finally, I arrive at my stop, and quickly hop off. My city instincts kick in and I start walking faster than you would think is humanly possible. I also curse out 2 tourists on my way to the office, which is a record low. I live in New Jersey, 20 minutes outside of New York City, which means "bitch" makes up as much of my identity as my dark hair, green-brown eyes, and freckles do. But I swear I'm a nice person, as long as you don't walk slowly in front of me.

I burst into my building, and nod at the concierge.

"Good morning, Ted!" I chirp.

"In a hurry Miss Hess?" Ted smirks at me.

I laugh and flip him off before jumping into the elevator. It climbs to floor 32, then opens it's doors for me to exit. I walk down the hall, and turn into the office. It's a journalists dream. Rows of computers, monitors tracking storms, tons of coffee machines. First, I need to report to my boss's office. 

I knock on her door. 

"Mrs. Aldana?"

"Britt! Perfect timing! I have a fun project for you today," my boss says with a wink.

I shift my glance to the figure standing next to her. I think my heart fell out of my chest. This boy has warm brown eyes, a jawline that could cut metal, and hair that I want to such so badly. 

I try to compose myself, which doesn't really work. "Uh, hi!" I spit out

A slow smile spreads across mystery boy's face. "Hi, I'm Grayson, are you Britt?" 

Suddenly I can't seem to speak. "Uh yeah uh that's me" I say awkwardly.

My boss jumps in. "We are doing a spread on Grayson and his twin brother, Ethan. They are here in the city for a couple of days, but Ethan is sick today. Instead of wasting a day, I thought you could give Grayson a tour of the city. Be back at 8:30 tonight." With that, she walks out. 

A full day with this boy? Don't get me wrong, he is absolutely gorgeous. But that is the issue. I'm not sure if I will be able to formulate thought around him for the rest of the day.

"Alright" I say, pointing, "Elevator is that way."

His eyes slowly travel across my body. Boys. 

"After you," he nods. 

We reach the elevator, and I decide to break the silence.

"So, where are you from? Have you ever been to the city?" I ask.

"I'm actually from New Jersey, but I've currently been spending a lot of time in LA," he explains.

"Oh cool, I live in Jersey too. So since you're from around here...does that mean we can skip the boring stuff? You know, Times Square, Statue of Liberty ect.?" I plead.

Grayson raises his eyebrows. "What do you have in mind?"

I give him a sly smile. "You'll see."

Maybe this day won't be so bad after all.