“I knew you wouldn’t let me go, Nick. What was I supposed to do? Let him come after your family? No, I couldn’t. I hate knowing that people are being hurt because of me.”

“That’s another thing. I think it’s sweet how you put other people before yourself, but if you would’ve came to us and told us that read the letter and what you planned on doing, we wouldn’t be in this deep of trouble.” He ran a hand through his hair. “And maybe we’d still be together…”

I inhaled deeply, shocked by his last words. “Nick…”

“I’m serious. I know we’re not mates, but I still love you, Delilah. Maybe we could be together and when we met our mates, we’d drift off.”

I grabbed his face in my hands and made him look into my eyes. “I found my mate. It’s Matt. I still love you too… but not in the way I thought I had. What we had was fun and something new for me and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I’m with Matt now. You’ll find your mate, Nick… don’t worry.”

I kissed his cheek. “I’m sorry for getting the whole Pack in this situation, but I have no idea what to do.”

“We’ll discuss it tonight. I have an idea, but I need to run it by everyone and see what they suggest.”

“I should warn you that Matt’s on his way here to join the Pack. He wants to be a part of it.”

Nick sighed. “We’ll talk.”

*  *  *

Matt arrived a minute after Nick and I went back downstairs. As soon as there was a knock on the door, Caelon tensed.

“Mutt.”

I walked over to the door. “It’s okay, I know him.”

I opened it and grabbed Matt’s hand, pulling him inside. Everyone except Nick still sat in the living room, talking quietly amongst themselves. As soon as Matt entered the house, everyone’s nostrils flared and they whipped their heads over to him and me.

“This is Matt. He’s my mate.”

Matt smiled down at me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

Emily walked up to him and smiled tight and tense. “I’m Emily. Nick, Jared and Kyle’s mom and my husband and mate is over there.” She pointed to Eric who was glaring at him. “Ignore Eric, he’s a little stressed from the recent news.”

Matt did his signature gesture. “I could tell. You could cut the tension with a knife…”

Nick emerged from the kitchen with two cups of coffee, one for me and one for himself. He handed me the coffee and I nodded my thanks, taking a sip.

“Matt wants to join the Pack and I’ve considered it.” Caelon wouldn’t look at Nick no matter if he was talking or not. “He’ll sit through the current meeting and if he does decent, he’ll have to Change in the crate and see how he reacts with me and Delilah along with Caelon.”

“Um, question…” Nick glanced over at me and raised an eyebrow. “Why me?”

“You’re Luna. This is your Pack too. You have a say.”

He stomach rolled with nervousness. I was not good with authority and I hated bossing people around. I could care less if I had a say in what happens with the Pack. Being a Luna seemed like it was a huge responsibility and I wasn’t sure I was up for it quite yet. But this was an important time and I needed to and by and help my Pack.

Nick turned back to the living room and sat in his recliner again. He started up the meeting again by looking at me. “Explain what you told us to Matt.”