Training/New Friend

Start from the beginning

A loud rustle came from the grass. I growl extending out my claws. Thinking it was mother, I jump out roaring and tackle down my opponent. We both roll three times then stop. I find myself pinning someone that is not mother, but another cub just like me.

A female...

"I-I'm sorry Prince Kovu, p-please don't tell the Q-Queen on me!" She begs.

I raise a brow.

How does she know who I am?

I get off her. "Don't worry, I won't tell. Who are you and how do you know my name?"

She stands up. Her long furry bang covers both of her eyes. It's so impossible for her to see I bet.

"Silly, everyone in the Out Lands know who you are." She chuckles. "I'm Tisha! I'm a new member of your pride. My mother and I came last week. I was told by other cubs here to not get in you or your mother's way. So I best be going!"

She shyly smiled. I watch Tisha turn around heading back to the pride's cave. Her egg shell cream colored fur glisten under the sun light.

Hmm...

"Distracted again, Kovu?"

I feel a close presence behind me. I look and see mother shaking her head with disappointment.

"I see we have more work to do. Your just a growing cub. Go ahead and play. I'll let you off the hook."

"Really? Thanks, mother!"

I run off happily.

Finally now I can go find Vitani and play!

I walk in the pride's cave.

Empty...

Everyone must be hanging outdoors today. I walk back outside and see Vitani play fighting Tisha.

How do these two already know each other?

I must investigate...

"Hey, Tani!" I greet trotting forward.

"Ah, Kovu! Finally your done with you're training." Vitani stops playing and smiles.

Tisha looks surprised. "You two know each other?"

Vitani chuckles. "Duh, he's my brother!"

"This whole time I was playing with the Princess?!"

Vitani and I share a laugh at the new member.

"But, I thought I wasn't allowed to talk or play with the royals?" Tisha said confused.

"What idiot told you that?" Vitani asks.

"A couple of cubs here."

I roll my eyes. "Don't listen to them. They were only kidding. The one you shouldn't get in the way is our mother. She gets in her moods a lot sometimes."