Chapter 2

A/N:

Ellos!!! It's me again!!! OK, just so you don't get confused... I put how old each person is and what grade they're in:

Jace (17) = Junior

Sebastian (17) = Junior

Aline (16) = Junior

Clary (16) = Sophomore

Simon (16) = Sophomore

Isabelle (16) = Sophomore

Alec (16) = Sophomore

Magnus (19) = Senior (he flunked a lot)

I know there's lot of flaws here but please deal!! And the characters are going to get out of character, I know but this is MY fan fix so....yeah. Now I sound harsh D: sorry mis readers.

Chapter 2: The Most Beautiful Thing On Earth

Jace's P.O.V.:

I headed to my usual table in the middle of the cafeteria. As I walked over to Alec, Sebastian, Isabelle, Aline, and Magnus, I winked at every girl that I passed. Most of the blushed, some even giggle, but none held my attention for more than five seconds.

I arrived to the table and sat next to Aline, who sat next to Sebastian, who sat across Magnus, who sat next to Alec, who sat next to Isabelle, who sat across from me. That's when I realized that Izzy was talking like there was no tomorrow and no one notice I arrived. Fascinated on what can be more important than me, I stated listening on what they were saying.

"- her name is Clarissa Morgenstern, but she prefers Clary."

Wait, what. What about Clary?

"Ya, I know that... just give me some personal details," said Aline with a bored look. Isabelle gave a wary look and said, "When I asked about her parents and if she had any siblings, she freaked and fell faced down on the floor!!!"

Ouch! That must have hurt!!! I didn't know exactly why she would act like that to such a simple question, but I wonder what will happen if I asked her what color she likes. Hmmm... I might just do that.

Isabelle and Aline kept talking for God knows how long and finally I got tried of being unnoticed. "Ahem!" I said, clearly annoyed that they weren't focusing on me.

"Hey, Jace," everyone replied, smiling apologetically.

"So what's this about Cla-" I started to say 'So what's this about Clary?', but Izzy stood up and waved her arms like a maniac. "Clary! Simon! Over here!" she said, gesturing the other two seats, which one was beside her and the other beside me.

She jumped up and pushed Simon to the seat beside her and let Clary sit beside me. "Hey, everyone." Clary said, smiling at each and every one of us and finally stopped with me. We shared a quick glance at each other that might have been mistaken as a friendly smile but was nothing more than a smile that meant 'Hello again, my nemesis' even though we aren't exactly 'nemesis.'

And then everyone started piling questions on her like bees sworn to get honey. Even Magnus was participating. Which is weird since he barley does anything, which also explains his flunking. His cat-like glitter eyes blazed with curiosity as he filled her with every weird question he asked like, "Have you ever felt a elephant was watching you?" like the fucking Dr. Sues movie 'Horton Hears a Who' or something...

I got bored with all the attention on her. So I turned to Aline and flirt with her the rest of lunch. Apparently she didn't enjoy that she wasn't getting any attention either. Every so often I'll catch Clary glancing at me as if I were the most beautiful thing on earth. Which I am.

Sometimes I get the impression that Clary was jealous of Aline. And suddenly my happy-ness came to a stop. But not because of the fact that Clary might be jealous of Aline. No, it was something entirely different.

~000~

A/N:

Is that a cliffhanger? Honestly I don't know if it is but ANYWAYS... How was that!? Did you like it!? Oh and I'm sorry that it's short, and I understand that some of it might get confusing but please stay with me.