Begin Again (A Graylor One-Shot)

She was standing there in the middle of Times Square waiting for a sign. Something that would convice her to let out all the emotions she's been keeping since she met him. The guy that makes her heart skip a beat with every flip of his hair. The hardcore rockstar/guitarist.

"Grant" she whispered to herself. She looked up and saw her on image in one of the boards facing a handsome and young musician with his shiny red guitar and messy black hair. Him and her were total opposites. Physically and emotionally. But they were like magnets, attracting each other with their differences.

She sipped her coffee, letting her tongue burn with its hotness but she didn't care. The atmosphere's too cold to even care about. Oh, she could feel the warmth of her beverage but not the same kind of warmth when she's with Grant. Not even the same warmth when they fool around and just let time slow down.

Not the same warmth when she's just forgetting about the world with just a look in his eyes.

She walked past people with her knees trembling and her feet feeling like ice. But she just can't stop her mixed emotions. She kept asking herself the same question the whole night, should I tell him?

Her memories with him flashes at the back of her mind, telling her to remember the reason why she loved him; telling her to admit it. But among those hundreds of memories, there's only one that dominated her mind.

----------

Three years ago...

Grant invited her to have a picnic under an apple tree beside his old house. She spent her vacation far from the city and just relaxed on her friend's quiet home. She was accompanied by her other band mates but almost all of them waste their time by finding signal for their phones. Yet, the ignorance of their other friends gave Taylor an opportunity to lay back and just be with Grant.

"Tay?" Grant called her after a long silence, just sitting there under the shade. She snapped back to reality and faced him.

"Yeah? What is it?" Taylor asked. Grant looked away but resumed holding her gaze with his. He chewed his lips nervously as if hesitating to say something. Taylor sensed that he was holding back something from her. He was scared to tell her something.

She held his hand to stop him from fumbling. Then, he asked "Do you... Do you love... me, Tay?"

Taylor was surprised that her eyes widened with anticipation and excitement. She inched closer to him, closing the distance between their faces and let her lips crash into his. Then, she felt it. She felt relaxed, in peace. Time slowed down and for once, she didn't care. The kiss was so passionate and deep that she wouldn't want to let go of him anymore. He responded just as quick and held her face, moving with passion and emotions.

They broke the kiss and caught their breaths. "Does that answer your question?" Taylor asked with a smile creeping on her lips. Grant responded by smiling sweetly but she pulled her in again and kissed her.

----------

It was the sweetest memory she ever had. She didn't want to let go of it. She grasped that memory with all the strength she could muster but, alas, the love they shared didn't last long. Someone came along his life and he somehow forgotten how close they were. He was happy while she was broken. But after a few months, he didn't speak. He didn't feel angry with the break up, he didn't even show too mush emotions especially when Taylor's around.

Is he mad at me? Taylor asked herself. But why?

Just as she was about to cry and just let the weight of the world crush her body and soul, her phone rang. She answered it.

"Hello?"

"Tay... I need you." It was Grant's voice. His ever dearest presence sent her heart little sparks of electricity.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"Turn around"

And there he was standing. Hand on his pocket, eyes full of darkness and hurt. But he ran. Ran as fast as he could to reach her.

He kissed her passionately, not even caring about the stares they were getting from the people around them. She put her arms around his neck while he caresses her waist.

"I love you and I've been a fool for letting you go." Grant said between short breaths. Taylor could've responded but right now, she was too busy planning their new lives inside her mind.