“But it wasn’t from the other kingdoms!” I spat.

“Then who? And how did you become aware of these? Were you in any form threatened? Because I as your future brother in law will not let this pass.” He was serious, but I’m taking his last statement as a joke.

“I don’t know who exactly. I met him outside the boarders when I came with the Queen for her fortune telling.”

“A Dreamscape Nomad? What did he say to you?” He sounds utterly worried, not just for Reece, but for me as well. So they’re not Gypsies. They’re Dreamscape Nomads. What exactly are they?

“He said something about seeing Reece at the ball and he’s not going to hurt him if Reece gives him … what he wants.” I stuttered and winced in disgust with the thought of his breath on my face and his hands on my waist.

“Good Lord, he wants you.” Caleb’s brows furrowed in eminent anger. “This man. Does he have long hair and tanned skin?” He seemed to already know the answer. I nodded.

“Do you remember the crazy bitch I told you about? The one obsessed with Reece.” He asked. Why is she even involved in this? I hated remembering but either way, I nodded.

“She left her Dreamscape lover to follow Reece to the outside world. He became even more furious about Reece when news came that the bitch was dead. Everyone thought Reece did it but then it was proved to be suicide. The same guy, who threatened you, is her lover.” He said.

“So this is some kind of Vengeance themed threat?” I wanted to sound like I didn’t care. Thoughts of me, getting hurt- I can handle. Thoughts of Reece, getting hurt- no can do. Not him.

“He’s just one man, Lucy. Two great curtain walls separate us from them. Three even if we’ll include the inner curtain wall. We have one hundred castle guards scattered in the outer bailey, fifty in the inner bailey and seven hundred archers lined in the walkway and positioned on each merlon. Not to mention a thousand roaming the citadel and the boarders. No one has ever sneaked inside the castle. You. Are. Safe.” He sounded so passionate talking about his ‘Azurian Armada’ whatever.

“Inside the castle, I am. But what about Reece? He’s traveling outside the boarders; alone.”

“He’s not alone. Crown heads never travel alone. He brought guards with him. He’ll be in the citadel by now” He messed up my hair like some kid being told that her mother’s going to be home soon.

“Go back to your room.”

*

“What in the skies of Azura is taking that guy so long?” I smiled at the thought of Caleb’s expression as I paced back and forth in my room; a smile that instantly faded away when I looked at the clock.

12:15 AM

I’ve combed my hair eighteen times, tried to sleep for four times, as I kept on opening and slamming the door close for countless times.

He may be on the outer bailey by now.

He may be on the inner gatehouse by now.

He may be on the inner bailey by now.

He may be entering the keep by now.

He may be walking in the hallway by now.

He may be standing outside the door by now.

With that thought, I ran to the door and opened it for the hundredth time since eight o’clock; seeing nothing. I sighed again.

But before I could slam it close, I saw him. Him and his perfect everything, standing before me.