Chapter 22: Date night chaos

"I don't think I want to wear a dress."

"But you look so good in it." Jan sat on the couch staring at me as I hovered in the doorway. 

"That's not the point, it's not comfortable, it's going to be cold today and I have no idea what he has planned for us." and I was sure I could look just as good in something else. I didn't want to try too hard, but at the same time I didn't want to not try at all.

I was going to give him a fair shot, I wanted him to know it wasn't him, it was just me. I was the one who had issues that I had to deal with, and it wasn't him or any other guy that could just sweep me off my feet and solve it. I wasn't a puzzle.

I was simple, I didn't want to get married and that was it. And all this dating and boyfriend, there was no point to that, if I didn't want to get married I shouldn't date and lead them on.

"How about shorts?"

I shook my head walking back to my room, it was cold, why would I wear shorts. Walking back into my closet I looked around.

I was definitely going to wear jeans, but the top was where I got stuck, was I meant to wear something dressy? Did I even have dressy tops? Then again he's seen me at my worst so he could see me at my semi decentness. 

Why was choosing something so hard?

I grabbed a simple navy green top, this will have to do. Great I went from putting in some effort to none. But I wanted to be warm. I'll just wear a nice coat.

"Hey are you ready yet?" Jan called from the living room.

"No why?"

"It's nearly three."

Shit, where did the time go? Sure I did sleep in more than I intended too but not by a lot. I knew I shouldn't have washed my hair, blow drying it took forever. 

Closing the door I quickly tugged the jeans and top on, and instead of wearing flat like I wanted to I put on some nice heels. At least this was I was putting in some effort, and white heels went with everything.

Grabbing my side bag I walked back into the lounge.

"Is that all you got?" Jan asked looking at me.

"I can't find anything nice."

"Why don't you borrow some of my tops?"

"Because they show too much skin." I grabbed my trench coat throwing it on, at least this is nice. I flopped onto the couch kicking my legs, up and grabbing a chip from her plate, "Where do you think he's going to take me."

"I hope it's not the movies, that's so overused." Jan muttered as she switched channels again.

I hummed a response, yeah I didn't really feel like watching a movie, I was trying to figure out what type of man Nik was. Was he someone who liked adventure, but there were hardly any these parks in Melbourne apart from Luna Park. Or was he a restaurant, wine and dine type of guy.

Judging by the first few experiences I've had, before he warmed up to me, he was definitely a wine and dine. Damn, maybe I should have put on a dress, if he takes me somewhere nice it would be embarrassing if they refused entry since I was in jeans.

"I thought you were doing something with Chris tonight."

Jan rolled her eyes, "He has a date, ditched me."

"You sure you don't want to come?"

"Gurl this is your date, go have fun for once." 

I grumbled, fine, before I could make up my mind there was a knock on the door and I sighed, "This is it."