chapter 15: guilty.

Start from the beginning

the next morning, I woke up to the sound of Patrick's angelic voice. I got up and looked over the railing from upstairs. he was warming up. I did a quick growl. enough to scare him. "Pete! dude!" "haha. sorry. it was an opportunity. I had to take it." Patrick threw his shoe at me. ""AHH!" i jumped and walked down the stairs. I ran and hugged him from behind. he turned around and kissed me. I ruffled his strawberry blonde hair and smiled. I went in the kitchen and got breakfast. "pete!" "yeah?" i poked my head around the corner. "make me a poptart?" he pleaded and jumped up on the counter. i walked where patrick was and stood in between his legs. my hands rested on his thighs, while my lips roamed patrick's cheek and lips. patrick ruffled my hair and i rested my head on patrick's chest. "patrick, babe, what are we gonna do about this love square? i love you so much." "i dont know babe. i love hayley and you, this should stay a secret, only us. i love you too sweetie." patrick comforted me by rubbing my back and singing songs to me.  "i hope he is a gentleman..."  i nuzzled my head trying to make it fit deeper in patrick's chest. i jumped up and sat on patrick's lap. he held me like a baby while singing. "babe, i have to go to work. i'll snuggle with you later. okay pete?"  "yeah. but i have a question." "ask away!" "can i pick you up?" "sure!" i jumped down and walked outside. as i got home, i kept thinking about patrick. 

*Meagan's POV* 

I was getting ready to hang out with pete. it was 3:00 so i figured i should wait to head over. 

*Patrick's POV*

i walked out of work and looked around the parking lot. there i saw pete. i ran over to him. i pecked him on the cheek. "you look awfully cute in your work outfit." pete said looking at my outfit smirking. "thanks. what did you do when i was gone?" "i wrote a new single!" "ah! awesome!" "wanna see it?" "sure!" at the time we were working on an album called, 'Folie a Deux'. he wrote a song, and the beginning lyrics were, i'm coming apart at the seams, pitching myself for leads in other people's dreams. "Pete! that's already super good man!" "thanks. you know that's my life story right?"  "you're that upset?" "yeah, but seeing you makes everything better." he blushed. "you too buddy. now, can we get home so we can be alone for a little?" "yeah." he put the car in drive and we drove towards pete's house.

as we got there, pete ran inside. i dont even know where he went. he disappeared. "pete? pete this isnt funny! where are you!?" i yelled after chasing him inside. i felt something grab me from behind. "pete, seriously?" he bit my ear. i grabbed his face and pulled him closer than ever. i looked at him nervously. pete slowly wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me hard. he kissed me everywhere from my lips to my neck, making this a make out session. i was enjoying this. we were laying on the couch and pete was on top of me kissing me, each kiss with more heat and passion than the last. time wasnt an object anymore. "pete, what time is it?" "who cares?" he asked laughing. he continued to kiss me and i was kissing back passionately. the next thing we heard was, "PETE!? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" "PATRICK! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" it was meagan AND hayley. this wasnt good. i knew we shouldnt have done this! "m-m-eagan!" pete said letting go of my lips and pushing off my chest to get up. hayley pulled me by my shirt and grabbed my hand violently. you could cut the tension in there with a knife. "you have alot of explaining to do patrick." "i uh, i-" "it's not his fault." i looked over to see pete standing next to me. "it's mine. patrick didn't want to, but i did it anyway. i'm sorry. dont blame patrick." hayley looked at both of us and grinned. "it's okay. thanks for telling me the truth." she reached over and hugged pete. "i love you patrick." "i love you too hayley." 

*Pete's POV*

"as for you... you have alot of explaining to do, because it WAS your fault." meagan popped her hip and stuck her foot out. "i don't know what got into me! i dont really know what possessed me to do that meg!" "okay so you just did it to 'experiment'?" "yeah.. i guess. i'm a teenage boy! i have to figure it out somehow!" "ugh! just tell me the truth!" "i don't know the truth!" i began to get overwhelmed with twenty different feelings. i felt sad, aggravated, and mostly- guilty. i wanted to tell her the truth but i knew if i did, patrick wouldnt have hayley in his life. she became infuriated. "you know what? i think you should think about this." "think about how i feel? do you want to know how i feel?" "yes pete! thats what im asking you!" "fine. i want to go upstairs, and have an emotional breakdown. im humiliated meagan! put yourself in my position! i dont know what to tell you! i just- i love-" i couldnt finish the sentence. i ran up the stairs and sat in my room. i put my face in a pillow. i picked up my notebook, and started writing. 'i've got troubled thoughts and self esteem to match, what a catch'. water droplets hit the notebook. i threw it on the ground and wished i never wouldve told patrick 'who cares' about the time. i knew i shouldve checked it! i heard the front door shut. my door swung open. "pete, you okay?" "no." i sighed. "look, i know what we did was wrong, but its okay. meagan will cool off in a little." "im not worried about meagan!" "then what are you worried about babe?" "losing you! there i said it!" i got up and walked into my bathroom. patrick followed. "pete! we're best friends, no matter what! if we're a couple, or just band members! i'm always gonna feel the same about you!" "like a cheating-two-timing-loser? because im pretty sure thats what i am!" "no youre not! it was my fault all this ever happened." "no it's not." "okay, but still. dont give up on me man! i love you alot!" "i love you too, but at the same time, i love meagan. i want you though, patrick." "me?" "yes you!" i shed another tear and patrick wiped it away. "pete, please dont cry. you're perfect just the way you are." i broke down comepletely and crumbled to my knees. "pete!" he lifted me up and put my head in his arms. "listen. you cant let meagan see you like this. let it all out now." "patrick. i need to tell you something." "yeah?" "it's very important. i mean urgent."