“I love you too, Thor… What does your father think about all of this? He can’t be terribly thrilled about us… The Asgardian and the Migardian…”

“He would rather I be with Lady Sif… We had a romance once, when we were teenagers. But I do not care what he thinks about us. They do not know us. They do not know what we have been through… They do not know how I love you.”

“I love you Thor… I can’t even describe how I feel around you. It’s like… I can feel my heart skipping beats, and it’s racing faster with every word. Just the thought of not ever seeing you again breaks my heart so much. Like… I think about you nonstop… I can’t even describe how much you changed my life.”

“But I have put you in danger… Perhaps things were better as they were.”

“No, no. Things were boring before you. You took me so far in life in the couple of days you were with me. You got me a job for S.H.I.E.L.D, you taught me that magic is real; you got my stuff back from S.H.I.E.L.D, you… You gave me something more than the stars to live for.”

“You taught me humility. You gave me a purpose bigger than war and the throne of Asgard. You taught me that I am not better than the Migardians. You gave me more in a few days than anyone had given me in a lifetime. You are the reason I do not think myself above anyone. You taught me what true love is.”

“You’re making it hard to breathe.”

“How am I suffocating you? I am not touching you.”

“No… You’re taking my breath away again.”

“Likewise. Please, never go away, Jane.”

“Funny… I was thinking the same thing.”

Thor wrapped his big arm around Jane’s small body and stared out into the ocean. The couple sat there, disconnected from reality. Finally Thor forced himself up. He stood up, helping Jane up with him. She stood up, staring up at him. She smiled and he smiled back at her. He finally backed away, taking her hand and leading her to the middle of the platform. “Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!” Thor called out. Within seconds, a flash of light struck the platform, and the Bifrost was opened.

“I will never get over that.” Jane whispered in amazement.

“It is quite miraculous, isn’t it?” Thor agreed.

Suddenly appearing from the inside, Tony, armored and ready to leave, walked in, followed by Janet, Hank, Natasha, Steve, Clint, Loki, T’Challa, Ororo, and Adryh. Only one was missing who would be accompanying them on their journey to Jotunheim, and that was Bruce. Most gasped at the sight, others eyes went wide at the sight of the Bifrost. Thor had seen it regularly since the time he was born, so he did not feel the same astonishment then as they had, but he knew that it was something quite incredible, especially to the Migardians.

“I can’t believe I’m actually going to step into this.” Jane whispered.

“You may want to get used to it. If you are going to live between Asgard and Midgard, you will be using the Bifrost quite a lot.” Thor said.

“It’s just so breathtaking. I’m never going to be able to get over it.”

“It is quite incredible.”

Suddenly interrupted, Thor felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around and saw Janet Van Dyne standing behind him, and behind her was Hank Pym. “Hey, Thor, right? Um, how is this supposed to get us anywhere?” Janet asked.

“Yes… Well, the Bifrost is far too advanced for the Migardians to understand. I am not trying to undermine your brilliance, because you have done things us Asgardians cannot even comprehend. But the Asgardians built the Bifrost centuries ago and nothing on your planet is even like it… But it is a device to transport us from Earth to Asgard quickly and simply. Trust me.” Thor explained.