Chapter 2

"The Commander has ordered 5 warriors to keep eye on the Sky People." I informed the crowd of warriors. Out of the 5 I picked Lincoln, my best friend.

Him and I were friends since we were children. The Commander has said we were the best warriors, because we have best knowledge on how she wants things ran.
"Have you given any thought to how many of them are here?" He asked.
"No." I said. I looked down. The village the Sky People burned down was where my family was. But I did not cry, I did not care.

That's a lie. I did care, but I am warrior I am not supposed to care. Love is weakness, and if I possess any sort of weakness I can die. That's how we Tree people live, it's how we survive.

"Brit, I am sorry." Lincoln says as we arrive to what was my village.

"No need for sorrow." I say, I stare with a blank expression. I didn't know how to react.

"Move along!" Lincoln whisper-yells.

I climb up a tree so I can get a good view of the unusual object that completely burned my family down to ashes.

A door opens, and I see people walk out, in awe. It looks as if they've never stepped foot here. They resembled Mountain Men.

I turn my head to see Echo, another warrior, she was pointing her arrow towards them.
"The Commander's orders were to keep watch, not kill!" I whisper-yell.

A blonde girl walks out, she looks as if she is in charge. One girl throws her first into the air. The other Sky people look excited.

The blonde girl plots a route to somewhere. I couldn't see so I hopped on a branch to get a better look. It was to Mount Weather, where the Mountain Men lived.

A man with goggles goes up to the blonde girl. As soon as he finishes his sentence, he gets pushed away by a man that looks like he's protecting the Blonde girl.

Clarke, Clarke is her name.

Another Sky person joins in on the conversation and mocks Clarke and her friend.

Then that's when I see a man. The most handsomest man. His brown hair is slicked back and he is wearing a hideous uniform.

He is standing with a beautiful girl which I assume they are together. Octavia.

A small group starts walking away. So I order Echo and Lincoln to follow them.

I keep my eyes on him. Bellamy of the Sky people.

I see a man carving "first son first to dye" on the side of the ship. He explains how his father begged for mercy while the other's father "floated" him. I didn't know what that meant.

"You spelled die wrong." The man says, his name is Wells.

The beautiful Bellamy approaches the man who doesn't know how to spell and tells him if he wanted to kill someone it's not a good idea to announce it. I laughed. 2 of the Commander's warriors looked at me but I couldn't help it.

Bellamy looks around to see who laughed but no one was laughing. He looked confused. It was foolish of me to laugh. I almost gave myself away.

Bellamy tells the rest of the Sky People to take off the wristbands. Some of them take the wristbands off but not all of them.

"Dawn will be here soon let's move out." I say. We meet up to where Lincoln and Echo are and we see that Jasper, the boy with the goggles swung across the river on a vine. He holds up a sign that says Mount Weather and starts cheering. The rest of them start cheering.

"Echo prevent them from going any farther" I ordered.
She throws a spear at Jasper. He is suddenly knocked off his feet, and propelled back, pinned against a tree with the giant spear protruding from his chest.

They scream and call out his name. Now they know that they aren't alone.