Part 2: Vegeta's soft spot

Three year time skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kakarot was now three years old. Him and his family were invited to live at the castle by the king, so they were living a much better life now.

Kakarot was much different then other saiyan children. He had blonde hair, green eyes, and had an abnormally weak power level. Bardock was worried that his son wouldn't be able to protect himself against his foes, so he promised himself, and Kakarot, to keep him safe at all times.

Vegeta, on the other hand, was a strong, healthy 8 year old boy. He could be quite cocky sometimes, which would cause minor problems, but his father just thought it was a faze.

Their fathers haven't said anything about the arranged mating, because they were much to young to understand. So, on they went with their life of fighting, sparring, eating, and sleeping then repeat.

One day prince Vegeta was on his way to the training room to kick some saibeman ass. Bardock and his family walked in the opposite direction to the lunch room. The meeting of the two was inevitable.

As the young family passed by the prince, Vegeta gave a simple nod, trying to look as much like an adult as possible. Kakarot, who was in Toma's loving arms squeeled and giggled when he saw Vegeta. Bardock stopped to bow. "Good afternoon Prince Vegeta." he said in a formal voice with his head still down.

Vegeta was quite frustrated now. He was all hyped up to fight before this happened. The prince replied by nodding again. He then saw Kakarot looking at him with a smile plastered on his face and his arms waving wildly in front of him.

Vegeta raised an eyebrow, then softly smiled. He couldn't remember the last time he smiled. Vegeta wasn't exactly the sort of child to do that very often. Toma put Kakarot down to have a break from his wildness. The 3 year old ran over to Vegeta occasionally tripping over his own feet, and hugged his leg tightly. "What the..." Vegeta lifted up his leg and found a toddler attached to it.

He picked Kakarot up in his arms and swayed him around. The blonde giggled and held onto Vegeta with a tight grip. Bardock looked at the two children and smiled with a hand on his hip. 'Well would you look at that. '

(Second chapter! I will try to update as soon as possible. I love doing this, and my followers are awesome! XD)

~DBZY