Chapter 8

Emma's POV

Stretching my arms over my head lazily, I rubbed my eyes as I felt the sunshine gliding it's way through the window. I sat up and after yawning as widely as an alligator (yes, I do yawn that way. No looks please), I set my feet on the wooden floor, ready to face another day.

Getting out of the bed, I walked lazily upto the kitchen, trying to get a bearing of my surroundings. On the way to the kitchen, I passed the guest room where Niall's snores could be heard distinctly from out here. I peered in to check on him and saw him looking so peaceful, without a worry of the world. His pale skin was flushed and his hair messily fell on his forehead, making him look like an adorable child.

I smiled a bit, replaying yesterday's events in my mind. Suddenly, I remembered our last sleepover, where Rose and Niall had played a prank on me. Sure, I'm a morning person, but I hate being woken up unpleasantly. And that's what they did.

Let me tell you...getting woken up by some hideous Taylor Swift songs at the loudest volume possible, which probably damaged my eardrums and falling on my butt by getting startled at the sudden commotion was not AT ALL a pleasant feeling. It was a known fact that I hated Taylor Swift because according to me, her songs always made girls look weak and heartbroken and so my DEAR best friends resorted to her songs to annoy me. *cue in the sarcasm, please.*

Looking at Niall again, I thought of a way to get back to him. Afterall, they do say payback's a bitch, don't they? Ah, well.

I smirked as a perfect idea struck me. I made coffee and went to our room where Rose was still sleeping. Ain't that girl a heavy sleeper? "Rose," I shook her. "Mmmm?" she said sleepily.

"Wake up, it's time to rise and shine!" I told her in a sing-song voice.

"Go away!" she mumbled sleepily and wrapped the blanket tightly around herself. I tried shaking her but that girl loves her sleep too much. She wouldn't even budge. I sighed in frustration. Hmm...since this isn't working, it's time to think of a different approach. I was looking around the room when my eyes fell on something which could be of great use in waking Rose up.

I smiled as the perfect idea of waking her up formed in my mind. Strolling casually to the bedside table, I picked up Rosalie's iPhone5 and tried unlocking it. But damn! That girl had put face recognition for unlocking her phone. Smart move! After what happened yesterday, she was expected to do something like this. Nevertheless, I went on with my plan and yelled ,"Ooh! Rosie has a text from the Bradford Badboi AGAIN." My voice was high-pitched and laced with fake enthusiasm which sounded horrid even to my own ears.

But as expected, my plan worked since Rosalie jumped from the bed and almost fell on her butt. She managed to balance herself and tried to get herself out of the the tangled sheets. I was trying to hold my laughter in but to no avail. As soon as she was free, she rushed towards me with the speed of a bull and snatched her phone out of hand. As soon as she saw that her phone was still locked, her expression changed from anxiety to confusion and finally became annoyed. She glared at me, the chocolate brown eyes making me freeze in place. That girl can sure be intimidating when she wants to. I shrunk away from her as she stepped closer to me.

"Emma Hawthorne! May I know why you felt the need to disturb my beauty sleep?" She asked me in a sickly sweet voice. I gave her my best puppy dog face and apologised.

When I offered coffee to her, her eyes lit up. She loved coffee and it could lighten her mood anytime. As she sipped her coffee, her anger subsided and she asked me why I woke her up. Seeing that she was no longer angry, I started explaining my master plan.