Chapter 12 - Sasaki Ren

Start from the beginning

"No, that's fine Aizen-sama. I'm heading back now" He turned around and exit the room. Along the way, he thought he didn't belong there. He just didn't want to see Ran together with Aizen. He didn't know why he felt this way but just seeing her with Aizen was making him...mad. He didn't know the reason he felt that towards his leader. He let out a long sigh as he returned to his room.

Meanwhile in Ran's room, the two of them began to eat their breakfast. The menu was still the same. Still porridge. Did Aizen made this together with Ichimaru and Tosen too?

"By the way, I made this by myself" He suddenly said. Myself, he said. His words causing Ran stopped eating and looked astound to his face. "You didn't expect that, correct?"

"N-No. I thought...you made this with Ichimaru-san and Tosen-san too"

He chuckled over her comment. "Well, you already told us the steps so I thought I want to do it by myself. I do hope you enjoy it"

"Eh? Of course. It's delicious" She commented. She was not expecting Aizen will cooked for her. She tried to imagined Aizen's look when he wore an apron. Ran thought it will cute especially about someone like him.

"I assume you have a great cooking skill in you, yes?" He asked.

"Eh? Well, not really. I can only made something simple. My friend was much greater than me. He was the one who teach me of how to cook. He said woman must be able to cook for their future"

"He? A boy?"

"Eh? Yes, but I wouldn't called him boy  because he was much older than me.Um, probably around... How old is Ichimaru-san? I think he was around Ichimaru-san"

"Well, don't compare our age with human as our age was much more longer than humans"

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"I maybe looked like this but I already lived for more than 100 years" He answered while wearing his usual smile. Even though he answered it playfully, Ran looked more surprise about it. Her eyes were wide open as she lost of what to say.

"O--One hundred years?!? Were shinigami capable to live more longer than humans? Wait. If you're 100 years old then...how about yama-jiisan?"

"Captain-Commander already hold his title for more than 1000 years. I do not think you want to count of how much his age is"

"Eeeeeeeehhhhh?!?"

He laughed behind his mouth watching her shown a reaction like that. "Well, how about you? How old are you?"

"Me? I'm still 16"

"Hmm... Still very young and fresh. If you were born in Soul Society, we probably met in a different occasion"

"W-Well...I guess so" Ran continued to eat the food, feeling confused of what to say again while Aizen doing the same. None of them were going to open their mouth to started another conversation. Ran unable to kept their silent mood and finally... "Um, Aizen-san?" Aizen take a glance towards Ran while still holding the spoon in his mouth. The view was rather cute to her and hold herself to smile to him. "Could you tell me now the reason why I have to be here?" She asked but Aizen slowly looked away from her and put the spoon to the plate. "Aizen-san?"

He became silent for a moment, looking rather hesitated to tell her or not. "That's because--" Before he could finished his sentence, Ichimaru suddenly entered the room-rather causing the two of them surprised because of the sudden entrance.

"Aizen-taicho! I've bring some news!"

Aizen let out a short sigh and looking at him "What news did you bring, Gin?"