Snow Day

This chapter was inspired by the snow we got today (January 22, 2016) and I hope yall enjoy it!

The air seemed thin inside Will's cabin one morning. He woke with cold feet and fingers.

He cooked himself some eggs and made a cup of coffee, then went outside to check on Tug.

"HOLY COW!"

It was snowing!

Will dropped his coffee on the white-covered ground, which immediately dissolved the snow around it.

Big flakes were falling slowly still, and Will decided to make the best of it while it lasted.

Running now, he fetched Tug from his stall and led him out to the front yard.

"Look, Tug! SNOW!"

Tug whinnied and began pawing at the snow on the ground, throwing some up at Will.

Will turned his game face on. "Oh, you wanna play that game now?"

He ran and grabbed a shovel from the shed, then scooped up some white stuff and chucked it at Tug.

Tug shied and backed up a few paces, then turned his rump toward Will and scraped his hind hooves back, spraying more all over Will.

Will finally decided to give up, and walked slowly to Tug, who was standing with snow stuck to his long eyelashes (which I think is really cute on horses!).

Will leaned on the shaggy horse's shoulder and closed his eyes in relief.

"It's snowing."