Elena leaned up against the locker and exhaled slowly. She then pulled out her phone and texted Molly to pick her up.

"Go out there and apologize," Louise hissed at Thomas. "It's the nice thing to do."

Thomas didn't answer.

"Okay, your douche bag act is OVER. You really hurt her feelings when you said that Lacey hated her," Louise said.

"I told her the bloody truth!" Thomas defended. "I didn't even think she'd react the way she did."

"I don't care. The truth is hard for her to handle right now. And as far as I'm concerned, Elena and that Lacey figure seemed pretty close when they first got here."

Thomas didn't reply.

"God, you boys are just DIFFICULT!" Louise exclaimed.

"Alright! I'll go apologize," Thomas shouted, exiting the room.

He glanced around the hallway, but Elena was nowhere to be seen. "Elena?" he called out, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Louise peeked her head out of the room. "Where is she?"

"I don't know," Thomas sighed.

*

"Thanks for picking me up," Elena sighed as she gazed out the car window.

Molly glanced over at her friend for a brief second. "What's wrong with you?" she asked curiously. "For a girl who was so excited about art club you don't seem very excited."

"Nothing," Elena replied.

Molly raised an eyebrow, not buying the excuse. "Please don't tell me it has something to do with that damn Thomas."

Elena didn't reply and instead continued to stare out the window. Molly sighed.

"Bloody hell, Elena," she mumbled quietly. The car drove in silence for the rest of the way to their dorm.

As the girls entered their dorm room, Molly wouldn't lay the topic to rest.

"What did that arsehole say to you?" Molly growled, slamming her keys down on the counter.

"It doesn't matter, I'm over it," Elena mumbled quietly. In fact, she was telling the truth. She had plenty of time in the car to think.

"Well I'm not," Molly said. "He hurt you, I can tell by the look in your eyes."

"It's not something he said, but rather, someone's feelings about me," Elena replied.

"Oh really?" Molly asked. "Tell me."

Elena sucked in a big breath and then slowly exhaled. "He said that Lacey hated me."

Silence settled over the dorm before Molly replied. "That's it?"

"Yeah," Elena nodded warily.

Molly walked over to her friend and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "Well, then Lacey was never a true friend. Simple as that."

Elena nodded and smiled. "You're right. I've told myself that but I guess I never believed it."

"But still, I want you to stay away from Thomas at all costs. The boy is trouble. Okay?" Molly said quietly.

Elena wanted to tell Molly about Thomas joining art club, but she couldn't. She was afraid. Instead, she just smiled and nodded. "Got it."

"Good," Molly nodded approvingly. "Now let's get to bed. Tomorrow is a big day."

"It is?" Elena questioned.

"Yeah. Didn't I tell you that the preparations for field day begin tomorrow?"

"No?" Elena replied, racking her memories. But nothing about field day came up.

"Oh," Molly frowned. She sat down on her bed. "Well, apparently the art club is decorating and the principal wants the newbies to give a speech. I would've thought that Louise informed you."

"I left early because of what happened with Thomas," Elena mumbled. "Louise could've mentioned it after that."

"Wait, wait, wait. What was Thomas doing with you anyway? Art club is an after school activity," Molly said quickly, standing up.

"Um," Elena said shakily. She quickly thought up a lie. "H-He walked into the room just to talk to me. Wanted to lower my self esteem by telling me that Lacey hated me... for the field day speech."

Molly raised an eyebrow and there was a long pause. She crossed her arms suspiciously while a bead of sweat rolled down Elena's forehead.

Molly laughed. "Phew. I thought he joined art club or something," she replied, shaking her head. "That would be bad."

A fake grin spread across Elena's face. She laughed nervously. "Y-Yeah. Very bad."