The Unexpected Morning

The blackout curtains that cover the huge glass window wall of the room brings darkness that doesn't fail to keep it like it's always midnight regardless of whatever time of day. It was already six in the morning, but RJ and Maine are dead tired from making love just four hours ago.

RJ has just got back from a month-long tour in the United States. It is an understatement to say that they've missed each other. No, they longed and craved for each other the whole time they were apart. Maine, too, busied herself with work and used it as a distraction. They only got to see each other through Facetime, and the different time zones didn't actually help to ease their longing. She was grumpy, almost always crying at how mad she was for not having RJ around. Other times she would try to at least feel excited while counting down the days til he gets back. Things are going to be a bit different now, and she wanted him beside her--badly needed him to be there.

So the moment RJ landed back in Manila, Maine made sure to be there to welcome him. She and RJ's father and sister picked him up from the airport. They enjoyed a good dinner and catch up at Sofitel where Maine has booked a table for them. A good number of laughs were shared as RJ told his family the experiences he had while doing the series of shows abroad. It was already midnight when Riza and their father parted ways from Maine and RJ to go back to Laguna.

A few minutes after six, RJ's phone started ringing the alarm. He snoozed, knowing that the noise will probably wake Maine as well and he didn't want that. But it was too late. Maine moved closer and wrapped her arms around him. She didn't speak, and like RJ, tried to get back to sleep. RJ gently ran his hand up and down her arms to help her.

Nine minutes later, the alarm started ringing again. This time, RJ gave in. He tried his best to slip out of Maine's embrace without waking her. But failed.

"Hey," Maine whispered as she felt RJ slowly getting up from the bed. "Where do you think you're going?"

RJ smiled at her. It was dark, only the lamp on the night stand gives a dim light to the room, but the glow in Maine's eyes shine as bright as day. He doesn't know why, but the way she looks after sex always does something to him. Each and every time. Maybe it's her lips that swell after he's kissed and bitten it soft and hard countless times. Or the crazy, messy, sexy hair that screams "just had sex" above her head. Maybe it's just everything about her, and whatever it is makes him want to do everything with her all over again.

He walked around to Maine's side of the bed. "Shower lang," he said after planting a kiss on Maine's forehead. "Join me?"

And though her face was shadowed with RJ's body, he could tell how much she blushed.

"Che. Go na." He shooed him away and that he did. Well, it could have been better if he stayed in bed; but it was also a sight for her to see his behind all bare. She couldn't help but bite her lip and have a deep breath as she devoured every single bit of him, top to bottom, from afar. He's got a skin so fair that it glows even in the complete darkness; it's the sky that holds the moles on his back which she traces with her fingers as if they were constellations in a starry night. The scratches she made stand out like they were meteors and falling stars. She did that, she smiled at the thought. RJ knew she was checking him out, she always does, so he's learned the perfect timing of when to glance back and catch her. "For your eyes only," he'd always say. "And oh, don't bite your lip. That's my job." He added and winked at her before finally getting in the bathroom.

She couldn't hold her giggles any longer she had to let them go. RJ is the cutest and sexiest man alive. Well, maybe next to Adam Levine. When she heard the shower running, Maine got up herself and picked up RJ's white polo to cover her naked body. She was trying to button it up when she noticed that only four of the buttons remain on the shirt. She smiled to herself as she looked at the floor, wondering where the hell the other buttons could've been. She smiled even bigger when the memory of ripping RJ's shirt open last night flashed back on her mind.