Rainbow Dash looked around as she gently nudged one of them with her hoof. “What is this place? Why did you bring me here?”

“Yoooou’ll see!” Ditzy grinned as she happily trotted to the house, Dinky laughing all the way. She knocked on the door and then stepped back. Rainbow Dash settled down next to her and peered at the door as it swung open. Slowly, a bright pink mane covering a cream yellow face hesitantly poked its way out.

“H-hello?” A soft, shy voice called gently. “I-is anypony there? If there isn’t, sorry for bothering you…”

At the sound of her voice, Rainbow Dash felt her jaw drop open. “No way!” She zoomed forward until she stood in the doorway to get a better look. “Fluttershy? Oh my gosh!” She hugged the cream colored pegasus tightly, pulling her outside. “So this is where you’ve been hiding girl!”

“R-rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy squeaked as she felt the air being forced out of her lungs. “W-what are you doing here?”

“I figured you two might want to catch up.” Ditzy smiled knowingly. “Shy, Rainbow Dash is going to be in town for a few days.”

“Oh my goodness, that’s so wonderful!” Fluttershy smiled. “Yay.” She softly mewed, then blushed. “Oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to shout I’m just so excited…I haven’t seen you since Flight Camp and I wrote you letters but you haven’t written back in such a long time…I mean, you didn’t have to if you didn’t want to, but—”

“Heh, it’s cool Flutters.” Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. “Sorry about that. Letter writing isn’t really my thing. But it’s really cool to see you again.”

Fluttershy nodded. “What are you doing all the way from Canterlot? Is the Pr—hmph!” She suddenly found Rainbow Dash’s hoof had taken up residence in her mouth.

Rainbow Dash leaned in. “Shh! Don’t talk about that stuff! I don’t want anypony to know about that, okay?” Fluttershy nodded. “Okay.” She pulled her hoof away.

“I’m sorry.” Fluttershy squeaked. “Um, would you all like to come in for tea? If you’re not too busy, that is.” Dash groaned at the idea of more low-intensity social activity but she *hadn’t* seen Fluttershy in a long time.

“Okay, sure. You coming Ditzy?”

“Nah, I just wanted to be here to see the look on your face.” Ditzy Doo smirked. “But it’s been a full day and muffin’s get tired.” As if in confirmation, Dinky let out a yawn. “We’ll just leave you two alone to catch up. See you later Dash!”

“Bye!” Dinky waved sleepily as the two left.

Fluttershy waved too. “Such nice ponies.” She smiled. “Do you want to come in now?”

“Sure. Thanks.” Rainbow Dash looked around as she trotted in. The place was swarming with animals. “I’m guessing you run some sort of animal hotel?”

“Oh no, not really. I just take care of them.” Fluttershy closed the door. “It’s so nice to see you again. How have you been? If you don’t mind my asking that is.” She added quietly.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “I guess you haven’t changed much.” She leapt back onto the couch. “Same old Fluttershy.”

“Oh, I’m sorry was I supposed to?” The yellow pegasus sounded worried.

“Pff, nah. I’m just messing with you Flutters.” Dash got comfortable. “So…Ponyville huh?”

Fluttershy nodded, her eye lighting up a bit. “It’s a very nice place…and so many wonderful animals.” Her wings fluttered in delight.