one: the accidental demise of dan smith

Authors Note:
I decided to republish this book YEARS later. It only has one chapter and it's super cringe! I hope you find it entertaining (because I don't). Missed you all anyway! FYI - the only thing I've changed is their ages (I've made them up-to-date) x
- anon

...............................................

"No! That gun is load-!" Before Naor Aloni can finish the cautious sentence - Dan Smith pulls the trigger.

Instantly the mischievous smile from Dan's face fades in shock. There's a bitter silence as everyone freezes like they're made of stone. No one knows exactly what to do...because none of them have been in this situation. Dan's eyes on the other hand grey over - like his soul has been sucked out of them.

With that Dan plummets to the ground - face first - with a thud. That causes the dust particles to form from the wastelands floor - making small spirals in the air besides Dan's fallen body. Only then does the silence end.

The once silent wasteland awakes to the loud, and continuous screams of a Lithuanian actress.

Kyle without hesitation drops the the gun. In shock he slightly shakes his head in disbelief. No! He screams in his mind. Please God...no! He begs an unknown god - it's what they all do in the end.

Even an atheist like Kyle.

"Cal the ambulance!" Naor - who was the original director of 'Thing We Lost In The Fire' music video - shouts out with fear in his eyes. Immediately everyone literally drops what they're doing and rushes besides Dan's unresponsive body.

"No!" Kyle cries over and over again - just like an annoying song stuck loop.

Will immediately drops to the ground and tries to preform CPR. Dick, Bastille's tour manager, holds his sweaty palm close to his mouth in shock. While tears fill up his beady eyes.

Dan remains cold and unresponsive.

Within a few more seconds everyone begins to hysterically cry. It's only because Will gives up CPR. Their hearts bleed at the precise moment where Will Farquarson shakes his head weakly. This big strong man with muscles twice the size of Kyle Simmons - breaks like a china doll. They can't come to terms knowing that their dear friend will never awake from the eternal darkness that is death.

Cruel - fucking - death.

But good friends never give up. Despite Will breaking Dan's ribs to get to his heart - Will tries to resuscitate Dan. "Please!" Will bangs on Dan's chest with both of his iron fists. If Dan wasn't already dead with the bullet hitting a major artery - he should be more than dead now.

"Will stop." Bastille's drummer, Woody, begs for Will to stop hurting their dead friend.

Will doesn't listen - although Dan annoyed him at times -Dan made sure that he made Will feel needed and worthy. Especially being in a band like Bastille where everyone knows Dan's name and the rest of the members are like blue.

Kyle then drops to his knees besides Dan's body in shock.

"Wake up!" Kyle slaps Dan around the face a couple of times. He tells himself over and over again that Dan isn't dead - and this is an joke. Despite the blood rushing out of Dan's chest like a waterfalls. "Dan-it's not funny!" Kyle knows deep down his best friend...and secret lover is dead. He can't deal with it.

Kyle never told Dan how much he felt about him...how much he adores him. And now Dan's in a place lost forever. Loveless and alone. Held captive by a twisted thing called death.

Dan's gone.

The one tear rolls down his cheek slowly. In a minute of anger and frustration Kyle pushes Will off of Dan's body. The thirty year old pumps up and down on Dan's chest psychotically, while Will will sits in Dan's blood. Watching his friend try to revive the dead man.

Kyle has ways had an secret love for Dan. Of course because of today's society and peer pressures he tells himself that he is not bisexual and that he is straight...but he always craved Dan's attention. Dan was like something from out of this world according to Kyle.

"Dan please!" Kyle's pleads louden.

"Mate...his gone." Woody whispers as he tries to hug Kyle. But Kyle can't hug Woody. All that goes through his childlike mind is 'what if Dan is alive? What if he is holding on by a thread of hope?' Kyle can't stop trying to save Dan. Not now.  Not ever.

All the bearded guy thinks about is the flood's of memories of Dan. They rush past his eyes. Some of them begin back a blanket of nostalgia, especially the ones of him and Dan having that after-concert water fight in line while chatting to adoring fans. Even...that day when Dan and Kyle where mucking about in the kid's playground park out of boredom.

"No! Stop! His dead!" Someone intervenes, while Kyle selfishly shakes his head crying. His arms grow weaker by the second, the only thing he can do is rest Dan's head on his lap. Not that would make a difference.

"No. Remember what Wood said! At least get life insurance before you die, Dan! It's gonna be game over if you die. Don't die." Kyle begs the deceased.

Dick, who hovers above Dan's body, hollers over the private ambulance when it turns up. "Kyle...his gone." Will the, hard man of Bastille, with the 'Bad Blood' tattoo on his arm...cries into Kyle.

"I didn't mean too!" Kyle cries as he holds the scruff of Will's black top and tugs it as. "I didn't mean it!" Kyle cries while Will and Woody try to calm him down.

"I didn-" Mark Crew, who has tears glassing up in his eyes, cuts Kyle off with a bloody nose...gaining red knuckles in the process.

Kyle - who is too numb to care about his broken nose - gets pulled away. He stands besides the rest of the filming crew...and watches two men put Dan on a trolley. "No." Kyle whispers completely mortified, as the two private ambulance people zip up Dan in a black body bag.

"No!" Every person cries at the same time. While some...like Kyle still deny that their close friend is dead.