"Austin, my son it's so good to see you," mum said kissing both his cheeks and hugging him tightly I couldn't blame her for missing him. We were such a close family and we've missed him so much. It looked like he could hardly breathe. I laughed a little as I did to him earlier on.

"It's good to see you to mum and of course dad" He lets go of mum to hug dad then to me. He held me close for a few seconds before turning to his side to welcome our guests.

"Mum, dad, Paige. This is my mate Maya" He said holding his hand out to her to bring her forward and letting go of my waist taking both his hands onto hers.

Mum gave her a quick 'hello' and a hug and so did dad. I shook her hand "It's good to finally meet you Maya" I gave her a soft gentle smile.

My eyes soon drift to the man behind them. I'm guessing to be the Alpha but something else caught me about him and it wasn't just me giving this same look. He was looking at me the same way I was looking at him. 

Our eyes never left each other, growing wider the closer he stepped inside. His scent filled up the room turning my world inside out. His eyes were chocolate brown and his hair was messy black. His arms were well-toned with muscles I could just make out the veins. I knew from the way he stood he work out a lot and he held his body form very straight.

"Kacey" I finally flicked my eyes to my brother's waving hand as it came too close to my face.

"Are you ok?" Austin asked. I finally realized he was talking to me and mum, dad and Maya were all staring at me. Not to mention so was the alpha.

"Ahh yeah, yeah I'm... I'm ok" I quickly spoke before my brother carried on.

"Well this is my alpha"

With that, the alpha stepped forward and shook my mum's and dad's hands. When he stepped up to me. I could hardly breathe, it felt like the air was sucked out of me. He was smelling so good I could lick his chest until it hurt my tongue. Shit, I'm drooling.

"Hi, I'm Ollie" His voice was so gentle like a whisper.

"H...hi" Was all I could muster up.

We both kept it simply before I heard him say so faint but everyone heard him say.

"Mate" His lips curled at the end into a full-on grin.

I returned the smile but I didn't know how to act after this. It wasn't awkward or anything. I had dreamt of this moment for far too long. I knew some wolves didn't take to each other right away but for me, this moment wasn't like that. 

I felt his hand take mine and lead me over to the table. I knew my family and Maya were following close behind. I should say Maya is family too since she is Austin's mate right.

-------

I knew it was too early to tell what this alpha was really like but the night was going so well. I ate my food slowly as I knew he was still watching me from the corner of his eyes. My mum thought since it turns out this alpha is my mate we should sit together. To say the least, i was very grateful but very nervous.

My wolf wouldn't stop howling inside me. I could feel her excitement burning through my body. I felt like I was on fire, so I grabbed my glass of water and down it trying to smooth the burn.

Everyone turned to look at me and I then realized I spilled some water over myself. Great, I must look like a right idiot. I jumped up to get a towel but Ollie bet me to it and I bumped into him. Making him stumble backward for a strong well-built man I managed to make him stumble nearly falling. 

This night couldn't get any better. I felt so embarrassed that I grabbed the towel from him, smiled, and ran upstairs to my room. closing the door behind me. I'm such a clutz.

How could I possibly look him in the eyes now after I just did that? I sighed taking off my dress and pulling out an oversize t-shirt and some shorts then sat on my bed. I couldn't go back downstairs so I decided to just go online and sit and talk to some of my friends.

"Kacey" I heard from the door as it creaked open.

It was Ollie I guess he was coming to make sure I was ok or something. I turned around to face my window with my laptop still in front of me. I was too embarrassed to look at him "Yeah?" I answered biting my lower lip.

"Are you ok?" He asked leaning down next to me turning me to face him. 

I was staring down at the floor not meeting his gaze but I felt his hand on my leg and I forgot it was uncovered. I slowly met his gaze and replied " Yeah...I'm ok" My voice was barely a whisper I smiled keeping my gaze on him.

He smiled back looking down. "You sure, I mean you don't need to hide up here"

He was so nice and sweet. I felt guilty like I ruined dinner but all honestly I was too embarrassed by my clumsiness.

"This is my number and I see you like to Skype so I have my email on here for you to add" I didn't get to reply as he kissed my cheek then left.

Fiery tingles lingered on my cheek before slowly fading away from where he planted his soft, soft lips. I knew that was for me to think of him once he had left. There was no way I'd sleep well tonight now. I had him on my mind already from the moment he walked in. His smell still lingers in the air. Faintly I tried to snuck it in to hold it but it disappeared.

I closed my laptop and got into bed closing my eyes dreaming of him. 

-------------------------------------

A/N

 Edited and fixed mistakes x

The girl in-betweenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara