Chapter 1: The Meeting

She stumbled through the forest, bruised and bleeding. She couldn't see the former village now. It was all trees. Her speed started to pick up a little and so she ran. She heard a small trickle of water nearby that raised her hopes. It was five minutes later when she found a stream. She raced towards it, not caring if it was unfiltered. She dipped her hands into the clear water, then lifted them up to her lips and drank. She sighed in satisfaction now that her thirst was quenched. She stood to leave, but misplaced her footing and fell into the water. It was freezing at first, but then her body quickly adapted to the temperature. It felt wonderful on her wings. The cooling sensation relaxed her beyond belief. She didn't even notice the leaves cracking and rustling until a short, two-headed dragon with a girl riding on top popped out from the thick tree line. The small girl was shocked to see a woman bathing in a stream. With wings, too! The girl simply shrugged her shoulders and slid off of the dragon to carry on with her business. The woman watched as the girl started to snatch fish out of the water with her bare hands. The young child looked at the woman before smiling and continuing to catch her fish. The woman with wings was too amazed by the girl's ability to acknowledge the tall figure standing just outside the tree line. The small girl turned her head and shouted excitedly:

"Lord Sesshomaru!" The tall figure turned his gaze from the woman with wings to the small girl as she ran up to him. The woman turned her gaze to the tall man. He turned to the woman bathing in the stream. Her hair, her blood red wings, her shimmering, her deep, enchanting eyes, her smooth lips. Everything about her seemed to be angelic. The small child lightly tugged on Lord Sesshomaru's mokomoko to get his attention.

"Rin. Go to Ah-Un," his voice was silk. The girl named Rin ran off to the two-headed dragon as Lord Sesshomaru made his way over to her. The woman noticed this and began to cower, her wings moving to hide her. Lord Sesshomaru knelt, sitting on his knees, and leaned closer to the woman who was so foolishly trying to hide herself from the demon lord. He noticed the scrapes and bruises and the chains that hung on her neck, wrists, and ankles. He put his hands between her nearly closed wings and pulled them apart. His gaze was cold. Colder than the stream. He reached in between her wings, which clamped down on his arm and hard, and grabbed her arms, yanking her onto her feet as he stood. She lost her balance, however, because of the slick mud that made the bottom of the stream and fell to his armored chest. When she looked up, Lord Sesshomaru was staring down at her. It was making her uncomfortable, so she lowered her gaze and tried to go around him, forgetting his hand. His grip tightened and she turned to look at him. The woman sighed and rolled her eyed as she bowed to him in fake respect. Why was she, the Great Dragon Demon, bowing to such an unworthy creature? He tugged harshly on the limb in his grasp and dragged the woman over to Ah-Un.

"Lord Sesshomaru? Where are going now?" Rin asked.

"To the nearby village," he spoke, not paying any concern to the demon shaking in fear, "it's not far." So in they trekked for like, twenty minutes. When they arrived, all they saw rubble and ash. Rin gasped at the horrifying scene before them. Rin looked at the shaking woman and stared with wide eyes as the demon jumped off the dragon and onto smothered dirt. Lord Sesshomaru heard the quite pat and faced the dragon demon, who was trying to escape from them. He snapped out his whip and slammed the tip in front of the woman who made an EEK sound. She slowly and fearfully turned her naked body to face him. His face was stern, intimidating, and just downright scary! "Are you aware of what's happened here?" He questioned. The demon could only stutter in her words.

"I-I... Well... You see.. Um..." Her voice was rasp from lack of use, "I-I um... Y-yes." She sighed in defeat. Lord Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow wishing for her to explain. "It all happened earlier today. I was still chained and bound in that tiny hut over there when a demon raided the village. He eventually managed to break the seal on the door and for that, I repaid him by taking his life with ease. Humans. So pathetic and weak. Couldn't even stand up to that low ranked demon. All I had to do was lightly stab him in the chest, fill his veins with poison, then watch him suffer as he slowly dies," she chuckled darkly and her voice became stronger as she continued, "anyway, when I got out of there, I searched this place for a small satchel. When I found one, I took his three Jewel Shards and went into the forest. I'm guessing the scrapes are from branches and thorns. The bruises haven't gone away I see. Those were from the villagers who beat me while I was chained." She patted the satchel that had been hidden and grinned. Her wings shook a bit. The woman looked down and sighed, shaking her head.

"What are you called?" Lord Sesshomaru questioned her. She looked up, slightly surprised, but then she looked down again deep in thought.

"I-I don't quite remember... Umm... Ah! My name is," she looked at him suspiciously and spat, "who are you and why are you asking?" Lord Sesshomaru thought for a moment and went to speak but a little toad demon beat him to it.

"How DARE you speak to Lord Sesshomaru like that, you wench?!"

"Jaken," Lord Sesshomaru spoke and the demon called Jaken shut up immediately. "I am Sesshomaru. Lord of the lands of the West. Now, you are aware of me, speak to me your name."

"Lord of the West? So InuTaisho is dead, huh? Oh well," she said her name hesitantly, like she wasn't sure if it was hers, "you may or may not have heard of me. How long has it been a month? Two?"

"My father deceased over two hundred and thirty years ago. Your name, however. That sounds like the daughter of-"

"Your joking! You? You're the daughter of Ikura and Sojimoto?" Jaken cried out.

"The one and only!" She giggled. Jaken's jaw hung open in disbelief. Sesshomaru couldn't believe what she said. 'She's the one? The girl who was sealed and the only descendant of two of the most powerful demons to ever to touch this earth! My father one of the three and her parents the other two. It's an actual honor, I suppose.' Sesshomaru thought, although he kept a blank expression.

"It's an honor to meet you," Sesshomaru bowed in deep respect, "Mi'lady"