Part 3: The Dance

Start from the beginning

"Anytime" she replied. She is a really good friend. All of my friends are good friends. Which reminds me, Jenny is going with a guy named Xander. He has black hair, and dark brown eyes. He's also hot.

"All done" she said smiling at her work "you look stunning" she added

"Thanks a lot" I said as I led her downstairs.

"Bye" Kalle said as she walked out the door. Okay only one more step. Makeup. I ran back up the stairs careful not to step on the dress. As I put on my makeup my mom walked into my room.

"You look gorgeous" she said "I wish your dad were here to see how pretty you look" she added. I smile and simply nodded. I couldn't reply. I had nothing to say. I wish dad was here too. I miss him. She walked back out with a big smile on her face.

*

*

"Alexis, Kyle is here for you" my mom yelled up the stairs. I grinned in excitement and made my way down the stairs. Each step I took I got less excited. What if he doesn't like the way I look? What if this is all just one big prank? He smiled at me as I made my way over to him.

"Hey beautiful" he said. His voice is really deep. I blushed.

"Hey" I said shyly, which made him chuckle. He held out his hand and I took it. Every time id look at him out of
The corner of my eye he'd already be looking at me. Which made me blush every time. Which would lead to him laughing at me. His laugh is really cute. I really like a guy that can laugh and show emotion. Dylan isn't like that. He is just one big mystery that I want to solve.

*

*

"We're here" he said as he got out of
The car. He walked over to my side and opened the door for me. He's a gentleman. I like that. Dylan isn't a gentleman, but that's because he knows I'm strong and can do things on my own. I also like that. I like that he knows I'm not helpless. I love Dylan.

"Whoa, it's beautiful" I said staring at the dance decorations in awe.

"Not as beautiful as you" he said. That was smooth. I blushed.

"Thank you, for everything" I said

"Anything for you" he said "I like you" he added. Kyle likes me. I don't like Kyle like that though. Maybe I should go for it. I mean he isn't bad. He's fun to be with, he's caring, he's a gentleman, he's good looking. Maybe I do like him. He does make my heart flutter when I talk to him.

"I like you too" I replied, which put a huge grin on his face. He smiles a lot. It's cute.

"Really? Well that's really great. I'm glad I asked you to the dance then" he said

"Yeah, I'm glad I agreed" I replied. I lied. I want to go with Dylan. I love Dylan, but I like Kyle. I have to choose. This is a tough decision. I need help.

"I'm going to go get something to drink" I said

"Get me something to" he said as he walked over to talk to his friends. When I walked over to the table, Dylan and Kalle were there. Dylan looked so good in his tuxedo. They were really cute together. My heart broke into a million pieces.

"Hey Alexis" Kalle said

"H-hi" i stuttered. I get like that when I'm nervous. I can't help it. Dylan looked at me wide eyed. I saw some emotion flash over his eyes but i couldn't quite make it out.

"Well we're gonna go dance" Kalle said pulling Dylan over to the dance floor. My muscles relaxed a little when they left. This is terrible. I never should have come. I should have just canceled. I feel like I'm going to be sick. I poured Kyle and I a drink and walked back over to him and his friends. One of his friends whistled as i walked over. I rolled my eyes and Kyle playfully punched his arm.

"Thanks babe" Kyle said as I handed him his drink.

"No problem" I replied as I took a sip of my drink. A slow song came on. Of course. Kyle an I linked arms as we walked to the dance floor. He put his hands on my waist and I put mine on his shoulders. He is really strong. I never noticed how hot he really is until now.

"Are you having a good time?" Kyle asked

"Yeah, what about you?" I answered

"I'm having a blast with you, you're an amazing girl" he said smiling

"Well you're an amazing guy" I said, which made him chuckle. He really is. But he's not my type. I like mysteries. I like Dylan. As the song came to an end Kyle started to lean in for a kiss. My eyes widened and i started to panic. what do I do?! I quickly broke away from his hold and ran for the door. I'm going to be sick. I ran home. But I wasn't alone I heard foot steps behind me.

"ALEXIS WATCH OUT" I heard the voice yell out. But it was too late. A car ran me over and everything went black. The last thing I saw was Dylan's figure running towards me.