Chapter 1

So this chapter starts one year before they get to Long view TX. And continues to the day after Frank and Jean's anniversary.

It’s just a little back ground on the characters.

Chapter 1

Prologue

Chance’s POV

“Man are we really going to do this guys?” I turn to Luke and Ben. They cock an eyebrow “what you chickening out?”

I scuff my boot “no way!” Man what I wouldn’t do for that woman. I think to myself as I look at the bull shoots and spot the knock out red head standing back there. Mary Joe James, daughter of Joe Jackson James the man that provides the other half of the bulls for the PBR circuit.

We have been coming to the rodeo since we where small. My dad loves it. Not to mention that when it’s in Austin all the riders come to dad’s Honky Tonk to drink.

I think that’s when we got more fascinated with the sport. We would see all the women practically tear their cloths off just for some attention from them Cowboys.

We where in awe, they always left with one. Hell some times 2 or 3. Know Luke and Ben are practically salivating at the thought of how many times their going to get laid.

To be honest I love the sport but I have my eye on that red head. I’ve admired Mary Joe for years now. But I think she only likes bull riders. So here I am. Risking breaking my neck so she will notice me. Shit I’m crazy!

I’m freaking 20 for Christ sake. Luke and Ben are 19 at least they may have a chance since they want it more badly.

So funny how Ben is going to bull ride. When we made friends with him a little over 2 years ago he was this thin scrawny kid. Everyone picked on him.

But he was best friends with Ken since childhood. Ken was on the Football team and made sure people left Ben alone. But after Ken left everyone gave him a hard time.

That is until Luke and I got involved and backed every one away. He looked so sad and lost without Ken so we took him under our wing and told he had to man up.

We put him to work on the ranch and he started to body build with Luke and me. Before we knew it he ended up with more muscles then we had. Now the chicks throw themselves at him.

Then today we got a call from Lucy telling us the other guy that provides the bulls for the Rodeo was opening up a bull riding school. How freaking assume is that. So we told her to sign us up.

I’m kind of nervous. Luke is just happy because off all the chicks.

Ben well Ben’s just being Ben just thinking to much…

Ben's POV

Well I guess I’m in I thought to myself. What’s the worse that can happen? I fall of and snap my neck. Maybe then I can stop hiding. I know I can never be myself with anyone.

The one and only person I ever trusted Ken just turned around and hurt me. So I decided then and there to keep my mouth shut.

God I remember it like it was yesterday. We had been friends all our lives. He always protected me from all the bullies. Even when he joined the football team he always still had my back.