Chp 17 - Dressing in Silver

Start from the beginning

I exit the room and the dressing rooms and go to the cash register, where Mrs. Koury is.

I walk over to see the cashier hand over the bag with the dress, shoes, gloves and earrings. Mrs. Koury smiles and starts to walk out of the store.

"Now, while we wait for the boys to finish up, what do you want to do?" She waves her arm across the food court, "There's Dippin' Dots, and all sorts of things. We could get some other things like perfume or other necessities."

"Can we go get other stuff? You know, make up?" I ask, jumping up and down like a little kid in a candy store.

"Sure! I know just the place!"

After a bit, we ended getting me a silver eyeshadow palette and some neutral lipstick.

Weston's POV

Dad and I waltz out of the store with new suits draped over our arms.

"Where should we meet up with the girls?" My father asks me, pulling our his phone.

"How about Dippin' Dots?" I ask.

He nods and types up a storm, muttering the words under his breath. I wouldn't have been able to hear it anyways, I mean, we're in a mall!

"Okay, we're meeting up there in a few minutes."

I nod my head as I continue to shift forward, avoiding girls with large amounts of shopping bags in their hands.

I almost get slapped by one, but I duck just in time, but unfortunately...

I find myself in the floor.

Dad extends his hand. I gladly reach for it, but he goes past and reaches for the suit.

I cough, motioning to me.

"Oh, sorry." He mutters, helping me up.

I mentally room my eyes as we head over to Dippin' Dots, where mom and Alli are taking their order.

We head over and I smile as Alli shoves the spoon filled with little dots of ice cream in her mouth, covering it because it's too cold.

I come behind her and drove my arm over her shoulders, "Hello," She jumps, "It's me."

"I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet." She continues.

I start to feel a sensation in my stomach, like something is about to happen.

And then I erupt in laughter with Alli.

We get a whole bunch of stares, but I don't care. I'm getting stares with the most beautiful girl in the universe.

Eventually, we stop dying of laughter. I order a medium Banana Split. I also ask for 2 spoons.

"Here," I walk over to Alli, "This is to you and me."

* * * * *

We arrive at the Hotel, once more, and Alli and I race to the elevator.

I slap the elevator door with my free hand, "Haha! I win!"

Alli gives me a stern look. It's that one look that looks like a playful version of an "I'm gonna stab someone" look.

My parents arrive a short time later and we all pile into the small elevator.
"Kalynn better be in the hotel room she said she was in." Mom mutters.

I ignore it. My sister never runs off. She is civilized. Unlike me.

We exit the elevator, my parents go one way, and we go another.