Chapter Two: Image in the mirror

The next morning I woke up to the smell of eggs and bacon.

As usual, I got up got dressed for school and looked out my window
"Oh man" I groaned

It was pouring rain. I grabbed my raincoat to add to my outfit and headed downstairs.

"this looks so good, thanks mom." I said.
My mom looked up from the frying pan "well you're up early."
"Yeah I didn't want to be late again"

"Well breakfast is on the table eat up, but make sure to save some for your sister."
"Ok, mom."
"I'm heading out now, have a good day at school."

Finished breakfast, picked up my backpack, took an umbrella from the front closet and left for the school determined not to be late again

Anna was leaving her place at the same time as I seem we both had the same plan of "don't be late dummy."

"Hey, Anna good morning," I called as I ran over with my umbrella.
"Good morning Seth" she quickly ducked underneath to avoid getting soaked

"Lousy weather huh."
"Yeah, it totally sucks."

"So did you get all you're homework done?" I asked her
"Almost, what about you?" she said
"I couldn't find anything for my history paper," I told her
"well do you want to do one together?"
"you would do that? you're the best friend ever thanks."

Your welcome, now we'd better get to school before we get in trouble again, And I think this umbrella is starting to leak."
"Yeah, your right lets hurry."
We got to school well before the bell rang for first period.

"Time to get to class see you later," she said, "yeah see you in math," I replied

My first class of the day in English, the classroom was in the west wing of the third floor of our school. after English is Math where Anna and I sit next to each other. Lucky for me as I suck at math.

School came and want, and after, I and Anna want to Mr. Jones office for detention where we had to re-inflate all the sports balls. after about two hours and a few dozen balls later Mr. Jones said we could go.

we were on our way home just talking about homework and how much more work we have with detention when this car lost control and spun at us, I heard tires screeching and without thinking I pushed Anna out of the way
"Seth!!!" I heard her scream panic in her voice.

I put both my hands up in front of me (for what little help it would do me) and shut my eyes.

When I opened them I saw the car two inches away with a dent in it where my body should have been. what? I thought inspecting my hands.

I didn't know what happened, I should have been dead or at least been put in a coma with all my bones broken, but nothing.

Then I dropped, pain exploding in my head, but not pain like I got hit, pain like a massive headache.

Anna rushed over thinking I just got hit but stopped short when she saw me getting up.

The driver got out of his car apologizing over and over, coming over to check on me, hoping he didn't just kill a kid

I stood up. Staggering a bit, my head still pounding. "I'm ok" I said telling the man not to bother calling an ambulance and took off running for home before anyone around started asking questions that I didn't have any answers for.

"I have to run see you at school tomorrow."
"Wait! seth how are you..." I was rounding the corner so I didn't hear the rest of what she had to say, what just happened why am I not dead? I thought to myself.

I run to my house and went straight to my room
"welcome home bro." I heard Loren say.
When I got to my room I took off my shirt and examined my body I looked in the mirror to see if I was even bruised but what I saw was a reflection on top of my reflection

"Ahhhhhh." I yelled falling over and scrambling back. "well that's a nice way of saying hello." the reflection said.

"Great I must have hit my head after all."
Thinking back on the pain I felt earlier.

Then I heard a voice in my head "no you didn't"
"And now I'm hearing things too"
"Wrong again."

My head started hurting again like it did earlier so I went downstairs to get some aspirin
When I returned to my room the image in my mirror was gone.
I decided to skip homework today and just lay down for awhile.

"So how was school?" my mother asked me as I sat down to eat.
"It was alright I guess, same as every other day."
"How's Anna doing?"
"Fine, working hard as always."
"Haha always has, you should be more like her and buckle down," Dad said to me.

"Have you asked her out yet? Your school's dance is coming up right?"
my sister said as she took another bite of mashed potatoes

I did a spit take "wha....what. I don't.."
"Loren leave your bother alone and eat your dinner."
"Ok, mom."

I finish eating quickly and rushed out before they could see how flushed my face was.

I went to take a shower
Hoping I'd feel better and forget the events from earlier this afternoon.

I got done with my shower went back to my room and got dressed for bed, looking in my mirror I saw that weird reflection again

"Oh man, why is this still happing."

That strange voice spoke in my head again

"I assure you I am real and not just a figment of your imagination."
"Seriously? This can't be real I must be dreaming."

"Not yet you aren't, at least not yet but soon you will and I must warn you, be careful for your dreams will be far more dangerous then they have been from now on.
"Ok, I've officially lost it."

I turn away from my mirror heading toward my bed.

"Just know you and everyone in this world are in danger and together we can help save them, you need only trust me and help me find the others."

He told me as I climbed into bed.

I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

When i awoke I was standing at a waterfall looking at the reflection of the, well I don't know what it is in the water.
It seemed almost serpent-like but also like a lizard.

"I tried to warn you," it said in a condescending manner.

The world changed around me "alright so this is a dream" I thought to myself. I was on the main street of town and something big was bearing down on me, I couldn't see it well enough to know what it was but i knew it wasn't going to be friendly, so i turned an ran like hell.

I kept running turning down several different streets and alleyway but the "thing" just kept chasing me.

I ended up in front of the park I walk past every day, then I tripped and fell I turned and saw the monster or whatever it was bearing down at me,

just then something Bright blue flew past me and hit the thing knocking it back several feet,

The bright blue light landed in front of me and appeared as a strange girl gripping a naginata in her left hand. She turned to look at me and my eyes fell on hers.

She had pitch black hair, her skin a warm amber and her eyes her eyes were a bright azure blue, that pulled me in, they seemed to be as deep as the ocean.
I didn't notice what she was wearing those eyes were too distracting

"well it looks like we found him." said the weird girl
"good now we just have to find the rest" answered a bodiless voice with a growl.

Turning back the beast she had buffeted back the girl spun her blade around and slashed downwards, a moment passed and the monster fell apart cut in two.

The girl turned, looked me in the eye and said: "we need to have a little chat."