Explanations

As Leo walked into the lair and 1:07 AM, he yawned. I'll talk to her in the morning he said going to his room

*5 AM*

Leo walked toward April's recently added room and knocked on her door quietly. After a minute he thought she wasn't going to answer and started to turn around and leave, but then April slowly opened the door and yawned, "What is it, Leo?"

"Oh, uhm, I need to talk." He said nervously.

"Last time you said that, you met a girl... Did you meet another one? If so, is she a purple dragon?" April teased lightly, rubbing her eye.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"So, what was so important you had to come to my bedroom?" She asked opening the door a little more to let Leo in.

April sat on the edge of her bed and Leo said, crossed-legged, on the floor, "So, I needed to talk to you about Karai." Leo started.

April instantly become more interested, and not in a good way, "What about her? What did she do? What happened Leo?!" April became more riled up with each question.

"Easy, easy April. She didn't do anything wrong. Well, I think..." He trailed off.

"What do you mean, 'I think?'" She asked suspiciously.

"Well, she, uh, kinda, sorta, possible, maybe.... kissed... me." Leo whispered the last part as a magazine that came out of nowhere slapped him across his face and disappeared as fast as it came.

"Leo! What the shell were you thinking?!" April yelled at him.

"Shh, shh, my brothers are still asleep!" He shushed her, "Look, I didn't mean for it to happen. We were having a conversation and it became late so we decided to go home. As I was leaving, Karai shouted out my name and then BAM her lips against mine." Leo explained.

"Why the shell were you having a conversation anyway?!" She yelled again.

"Shh! It was my idea--!" Another slap from the mysterious magazine, "Would you stop it with the slapping and the weird magazine that comes out of nowhere?! As I was saying, it was my idea to try and make another little truce with Karai. We talked about whatever you would at a "meeting" and then she said something interesting and that I could relate too. Now before you ask what she said, I'm not going to tell you because then I'd have to do a long backstory about my life. The more we talked, we sort of drifted away from "business" related things and we found out that we have a lot in common. Time flew by us and next thing we knew it was 1 AM. We decided to go back home and we went in different directions. Then she called out my name. Before I had even fully turned around her lips were against mine. After that she ran away, leaving me in her dust. Then I came home." Leo said.

"Wow, Leo." Was all April could say.

"What do you think it means?" He asked her.

"Well, she might like you, but I only have one question," She started, "What was the thing she said you related too?"

"April, I already told you-"

"I know, I know, but I just need to know..." She said in a small voice. Leo sighed, "Fine, she said that her family was torn apart..." He trailed off, looking away.

"Leo... How do you relate to that?" She asked him, going onto her knees and putting a hand on his shoulder.

He sighed again, "My brothers and I.... don't exactly see eye to eye. I mean as if they were against me. I mean, not like Shredder against me, like they hate me, but if I did one thing wrong they would go all dramatic on me about it and it was not fun. Raph always called me 'teachers pet' or I guess 'sensei's pet', but he doesn't know how hurtful of a label that is. It was mostly Raph, but Donnie and Mikey teased and laughed with him. Raph, he-he called me names, and I retorted them back. Don't get me wrong we all had a wonderful childhood, in my opinion, but I kinda wish we could've found something we all had in common."

"Leo, I-" April was interrupted by a knock on the door, "April? Is Leo in there?"

"Uhhh..." she said.

"We're coming in!"

'We? Oh sewer apples, if they heard all of that, then I'm screwed.' Leo thought as the door opened and Raph, Mikey, and Donnie walked in.

"So, uh, what were you guys talking about?" Donnie asked suspiciously.

Leo acted quickly, "A dream April had."

"And, what was this "dream" April had?" Donnie asked.

"We were just about to talk about it before you guys knocked." Leo said, crossing his arms, "Well, I bet April has forgotten about it, right April?" April nodded quickly, "Well, if that's the case, I'm going back to bed. Good night." Then he walked out.

His three other brothers watched him walk to his room and close the door. Then Raph and Mikey walked back to their rooms and went back to bed.

Donnie eyed April one more time before starting to walk out of her room.

"Hey, Donnie? Could I talk to you for a sec?" April asked him.

Donnie turned around, "Uhh, sure..." He walked up to her, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Uhm, did you guys ever, you know, call Leo a teachers pet as a kid?"

"Uhm, well, Raph did a few times, but he was just kidding." Donnie thought a little.

"Well, I just wanted to let you know that having that kind of label isn't really fun..." She told him.

Donne crossed his arms, "What do you mean?"

April sighed, "Look, in Elementary school, I was labeled 'teachers pet'. That label isn't fun to have, for anyone. It's like your controlled or something, like you are always the one to fetch things." April explained.

Donnie was silent, not really knowing how to answer that, " What were you and Leo really talking about?" He asked finally.

"I can't tell you, but he did tell me that he feels as if you guys are against him." She said.

"Where would he get that idea from?" Donnie asked confused.

"Well, he also said that it was almost like, when he ever messed up with something, you guys would be all dramatic with it." April said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Donnie was speechless again. He really didn't have anything to say, 'Leo thought we were against him?' He thought, 'I guess it did kinda look like we were. But we were only joking.' "Thanks April." Was all he knew what to say.

"No prob, good night Donnie." April said.

"Night." Donnie said before leaving her room ad going to his own.