This is Torchwood, you all need coats

This is Torchwood, you all need coats. (A Torchwood fanfiction)
In which Jack decides that the others need coats.

The cover for this story is made by yours truly.

It started of as a normal day, Ianto was first into the hub, and ignoring the large cardboard boxes on the table, he headed to make coffee for when the others came in. It was probably something alien, he'd see it when the others came in.
He started making coffee individually to everyone's personal preferences, stirring in cream and sugar to one, leaving another a strong, basic black coffee.
He was just finishing when he heard Owen crash through the doors, calling out a hello. "Hey!" He yelled back, bringing through the coffees.
It had been a fairly calm period, with no rift activity, so all of them (except Jack) had gone home for the night.

Gwen and Tosh came in together next, and probably last, judging by the fact that Jack pretty much lived there, and was most likely somewhere around the Hub.
He went out to hand them their coffee, handing them around as he watched them puzzling over the boxes.
"Hang on" pointed out Gwen. "They have our names on them"
Owen mock applauded. "And what difference does that make?"
Ianto knew what he was thinking. It was wasn't unlikely that someone out to hurt one of them, or Torchwood in general, could have found out their names.
Then he recognized the handwriting.
"That's Jack's writing" he commented quietly, but they al heard.
"You sure?"
"Yeah, it's the same when he writes reports, or labels"
Gwen picked her box up. "Safe to open then?"
He nodded. "Seems so"
She opened it, and lifted out a long leather coat from inside, prompting Owen and Tosh to open theirs.
Owen had what was essentially a new, glorified, long lab coat, and Tosh had a glamorous dark gray wool coat that again went to the floor. Then, he was almost surprised to see that he had one, but opened it nonetheless.
It was a long, black trench coat. He loved it, he, mirroring the others, pulled it on over his suit,  a small piece of yellow notepaper fluttering out of the sleeve.
He picked it up.
On the front it said 'I doubt the others would even notice this'.
He smirked.
"He gave us a note" He read it, quickly, before relaying the message.
"He said 'This is Torchwood, you all need quotes. Love, Jack'"
He laughed. He had a very strong suspicion that said boss was either watching over the CCTV, or spying on them in person. "Thanks sir" he said aloud, and the others, evidently reaching the same conclusion, echoed him.
Seconds later, Jack was in the room, dressed in his normal coat.
"You like them?" He said eagerly, and, Ianto thought, almost childishly.  Nevertheless, he grinned with the others and joined in the chorus of 'yes' and 'yes thank you' and 'yes Jack' and, in his case, 'yes sir'.

It was then that the rift decided that it felt like ruining the moment, and the rift alert sounded. Within ten minutes, they were all heading out, clad in their new coats, and Ianto finally understood why he'd bought them. As they strolled through the streets, coats billowing around them, determined expressions on their faces, they looked intimidating, impressive, important, powerful. At least, that is, until, rift spike dealt with, they were back in the hub, laughing at what had happened while they were out, over Chinese that Ianto had ordered from them.
That night, when everyone was back at their stations working. When he had finished the latest coffee round and slipped back down into the archives, he found he felt a lot less alone, with his coat, and the comms unit crackling with laughter and conversation as he shelved the newest alien artifacts. That, and the second note he had found stowed in his pocket.
'Ianto Jones, coffee boy, looks good in a suit and trench coat. And this is NOT harassment, just don't tell the others about theirs yet.
-Jack'
Torchwood really was a pretty amazing place to work.

The fluff you deserve after that  last oneshot. I know it was  cruel. I had to slip a little Janto  in there.
THEY ALL HAVE COATS! I    might slip that into a later  torchwood oneshot.

Dedicated to
Jones_Ianto_Jones
And
CaptainJack_Harkness
For being the amazing Jack and Ianto and the only people from torchwood I've found on here.