Lillith's Father: Chapter Two:

Start from the beginning

The table I sat on felt so incredibly empty, nobody spoke to me, nobody so much as glanced my way and though I sat surrounded by people I'd known for nearly a year now, I felt excluded. Too bad Fred and George aren't here, I thought to myself. I was sure that they would never let a dull moment pass in my life. Looking to Hermione and Ron, I realized that Harry was with them once again. His nose was slightly swollen and it looked as though he had a split lip, but otherwise seemed fine.

“Harry, what happened?” I questioned, letting concern leak out into my question. I never thought of Harry as someone to get into a fight, I just couldn't see that happening, so what caused him to get a split lip?

“Nothing,” he muttered darkly, his eyes glancing towards the Slytherin table before going back down to his plate of food. He shoved a bite into his mouth, momentarily reminding me of Ron, and didn't say anything else.

I turned away, deciding to mind my own business. I shouldn't get into other people's business, it was nosy. I should have figured that out when I saw Father in Diagon Alley and started asking him questions about his life. Nobody wanted a nosy person around them.

Grimacing, I pushed my plate of food away before standing up and exiting the Great Hall. I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't do that at the welcoming feast, but I just didn't want to hang around anymore.

The Quidditch field called out to me, beckoning me and I walked over to it, as if I was a marionette and the field was the puppeteer.

* * *

“You're back to this again?”

I looked over towards the new voice, my eyes immediately landing on platinum blond hair.

“Hey Draco,” I mumbled, staring at the sparkling green grass underneath us.

“Are you going to answer the question?”

“Um. No.” I smiled, trying to convey that I didn't want to talk about it while still showing him that I was perfectly fine.

Draco sat down next to me, stretching his legs out as his long fingers brushed through the grass, like they would his own hair from time to time. For several moments neither of us bothered to speak, and when it came down to it, I was happy with that. This comfortable silence was something wonderful, to have someone's company yet not having to speak about every little thing that was bothering you.

Unfortunately, it couldn't last.

“Lily!” The voice broke through my peaceful quiet and I watched from the corner of my eye as Draco sneered at whomever was coming. Turning my head seemed a lot harder than it should have been, my neck was stiff and aching, for what reason, I didn't know, but the slight discomfort definitely made the normally easy task harder.

“Hey Harry,” I muttered, looking back to my god-brother. Draco stood up, smirking towards Harry before walking off.

“I just came out here to apologize.”

“For what?” I questioned. It wasn't as if he was rude, there wasn't a reason to apologize.

“For basically ignoring you, for being a bit rude when you were asking if I was okay.”

“That's fine, Harry, it's already forgotten,” I smiled, proving my point.

“So, how close are you and Draco, exactly?” His eyebrows raised as he questioned me and I could easily detect the bit of concern in his voice, maybe brotherly-affection?

“Good friends, at most,” I grinned before pushing myself up off of the ground. My legs protested, barely able to hold my weight after the run I had finished not an hour ago. “Why?”

“He's not good for you.” His eyes darkened as he glanced back towards Draco's retreating back.

“Listen Harry. We're just friends, and despite the fact that you're my god-brother, I don't appreciate you talking about my friends like that. He doesn't talk about you around me, and I'd like it if you did the same.”

I hated being mean, I knew that I sounded extremely rude, but I'd stand up for my friends, no matter what. They were all I really had in this world, friends were something I cherished more than anything else.

Harry nodded before nodding for me to follow him.

“I just... I wanted to tell you about Draco. I think he's a Death Eater,” he stared straight into my eyes and all I saw was pure, unfiltered honesty. “Don't ask me how I know, because it's an extremely long story, but I wouldn't tell you this unless I was sure, Lily.”

I bit my lip, staring at Harry before nodding. “Thanks for telling me.”

We went out separate ways, him to find Ron and Hermione while I went straight to the Gryffindor entrance, before realizing that I didn't have the new password.

Looking around, I realized that nobody was there, but didn't let that stop me. I banged on the portrait, ignoring the Fat Lady's protests as she yelled obscenities at me and waited impatiently for the portrait to swing open.

I just wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep.