Blast In The Past

Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Michael, Randy, Toya, Ariana, Amarissa, and Janet stood at the front door and said goodbye to Joseph and Katherine as they headed out for their Jehovah's Witness trip to Canada. They weren't celebrating Christmas, they all just got away for some church retreat. Katherine smiled and got in the cab and waved to her children (and hopefully soon-to-be-children) as Joseph packed their luggage into the trunk. After closing the yellow cab's trunk, he gave off a smile, something he rarely did, then waved, getting in on the other side of the cab. As soon as the door shut, the cab took off down the street and eventually made a left, disappearing behind the corner.

They all cheered once the car was gone and rushed into the house excitedly. They all shared the Hayvenhurst house for about 10 days. Katherine and Joseph would return on January 1st in the night, which meant they had Christmas and New Year's all to themselves, something they all never got to celebrate together. It was a first and they were all excited to be partying for this special time of year. Christmas and New Year's was on everyone's minds, but also a few other things. The Randy Incident was in the back of everyone's mind, causing slight tension in the house. Michael always had Ariana by his side, going to great extents to keep her away from Randy. Amarissa and Randy themselves have even been spending time apart because they both don't know how to approach each other after the incident. But a few hours after Katherine and Joseph left, Amarissa stepped up to the plate and approached him in through kitchen.

"Randy." She spoke as she came around the corner slowly. Randy was sitting on a stool at the island eating a sandwich when she came in. She leaned against the wall with her arms folded and looked at him. "Well?" She asked, clearly a little frustrated. "Don't you have anything to say for yourself?"

He continued eating his sandwich and spoke nonchalantly, "Excuse me, but I believe you came in here, interrupting me. If I had something to say to you, I would've addressed it already, but I haven't because I ain't got shit to say." He said, growing a temper. "So, say whatever the hell it is that you feel you need to say, or leave my presence."

She shook her head. "See, that's your damn problem now, Randy! You don't talk to me like that!" She yelled.

He stood up and walked to her quickly. "Would you be quiet, there's people in here!" He whisper-yelled, "We don't want them knowing our business!" He said pointing his finger in her face.

"Oh, we don't? Seems like everybody knew your business back out at the pool earlier!" She yelled again.

By this time, Ariana was already around the corner behind a hidden wall, listening in on their conversation. She felt bad, but she knew she was the stem in the problem, so part of her felt obligated to know what was going on.

After Amarissa said that, Randy grabbed her hand and quickly pulled her out on the patio, then closed the door so no one would hear as well.

Ariana went inside the kitchen and peeked outside of the window to get at least a visual and a small audio coming from beyond the glass in a muffled sound from Amarissa and Randy. Although she couldn't hear well, she could see perfectly clear that the couple were trying to work out their differences. Michael came up behind her shortly and stood behind her without her noticing. After about 5 minutes of them watching, he spoke, "What's going on?" He asked calmly.

Ariana jumped and held her hand over her chest as she caught her breath, "Damnit Michael, you scared me!"

He chuckled and grabbed her by the waist gently, "I'm sorry. I just was checking up on you. I thought you'd be right back." He pulled her closer and kissed her gently on the lips. "I didn't mean to scare you."

She smiled and caressed his face,"I'm so sorry, I was. But I saw Randy and Rissy talking, I wanted to see."

He shook his head disapprovingly, "Babe, that's none of your business to be snooping around in." He pulled her away from the window slowly, "Let's go. Come on, Ari."