A daydream away (Luke)

Start from the beginning

You manage a smile as he pulls you into his arms, leaning his head down to rest atop of yours.

Should you tell him? No.

Things were perfect exactly as they were. Yeah, you might be in love with your best friend and yes he might be leaving tomorrow morning for another country- another continent. He didn't have the faintest clue when he was coming back.

It was meant to be the way it is. Him as your best friend, nothing more. It hardly seems fair to be saying goodbye to a person for an unknown amount of time and to casually mention 'ithinki'minlovewithyoubutiwantyoutogoliveyourdream'. It was too late for that, too late to hope that things wouldn't change.

He pulls back and shifts his baby blue's down to look you in the eye, emitting a deep and heavy sigh. You offer a smile as you take his hand, reassuring him.

"You'll always be my best friend." The words should sting. The unrequited feelings should tug at your heartstrings, open the floodgates of your tears. You probably should be running away from him, not allowing him to hug you again.

His fingers rub at your back, his breathing is heavier than usual. You feel his lips press into the crown of your head and use your better judgement and pull away, leaving him looking a little defeated.

"I'll always be just a text or phone call away."

Internally you laugh, externally you nod. Giving him one last bittersweet smile, and a murmur of 'good luck' before making your way out the door.

You can feel him watching you as you walk away. You can nearly feel his emotions; a hint of sadness, some nervousness, a dash of concern for you.

You reminisce on his words about being a phone call away and you shake your head.

He wasn't a phone call away, he was a daydream away.

When you were upset, you could flashback to Luke's laughter. How at first he would start out biting his lip, trying to hold it in, but then it would begin. The crinkling of his eyes, and shaking of his head while he curled up his body. The way he would push his head into his hands trying to hide it.

When you needed a friend, you would remember how he hugged you. Arms wide open before securing them tightly around you. His hands would play at your back, rubbing circles to comfort you. His lean frame would rock and sway, doing anything he could to comfort you. Nothing could hurt you in Luke's arms.

When you were missing him you would remember the joy on his face earlier that day. The way his eyes lit up as he talked about big venues and sold out shows. The smile that would make its way onto his face, dimples on full show, hands moving a mile a minute emphasizing the distinct features of his story.

When you were sad you would remember all of those YouTube videos he made. They were a former image of himself, and you had grown with him, watching those dreams of his come true. You saw him on stage. Strumming his guitar in time with the rest of the band. He was truly happy up there, jumping around, curling his fingers around his microphone to address the crowd. A smirk would form on his face that you had never seen before; this was his calling.

And when you would get upset, realizing that things would never be the same, you would remember this moment. You would remember all of the moments. The laughing, the hugs, the inside jokes, the shared smiles, the weekends, the Tuesday afternoons; everything Luke Hemmings.

The truth was maybe you should've cried. Most people would've cried, right?

But you knew it was time. You had Luke for sixteen years and although you wish you could've had him forever, you were lucky enough to have him for any period of time at all.

Because the truth was Luke Hemmings was bound for great things; this was just the start. He was moving on... moving on without you.

You didn't know if things would ever be the same as they were, and strangely you were okay with that. A smile forms on your face as you continue the walk home.

Even if Luke never spoke to you after today, you would always hold onto the memories. Truthfully, this is how it should be. You would never admit your true feelings for Luke, you wouldn't even have known what to do with him.

You bite your lip stealing one last glance at the house. He's still leaning in the door frame, watching you intently. His hand is curled up, gripping his blonde hair tightly, he looks upset. You send him a smile, wordlessly communicating that it was all going to be okay. His other hand reaches out and offers you a wave, and you turn away before he can signal his goodbye, because this wasn't the end; He would always just be a day dream away.

And I'll keep you a daydream away,

Just watch from a safe place,

So I never have to lose...

___________________

This is amazing, right? It was written by mishaps-of-michaela.tumblr.com check her out, and give her a follow.

Vote, comment and stuff!:) I love you all a lottle. It's like a little, but a lot;)