Chapter 10

We went back to the apartment after we had an early dinner. We were both on the couch when we heard the door bell. Fabian went to get the door.

"Hi. I'm looking for Nina. Nina Anderson" I heard Nick say

I got up and ran to the door. When he saw me he smiled and I went to him and hugged him so tight. I let go of him and looked at Fabian who looked like hell. If looks could kill, Nick would be dead.

"Fabian, this is Nick. My twin" I said

He calmed down and the look on his face faded and his expression became calmer. He stretched his hand to Nick which Nick took for a shake.
"Nick, this is Fabian my..."

"...her boyfriend" Fabian said and I looked at him.

"Oh" Nick looked at me surprised "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend"

"It just became official" Fabian said

Nick nodded. I was still speechless.

"I have to talk to you" Nick said

"Okay" I said heading to the sitting room

"I'll leave you two alone" Fabian said and before I could tell him not to go he had disappeared.

"What's up?" I said to Nick

"Your apartment's ready for you"

"Really?"

"Yea. They actually finished it two days ago but they were waiting for the paint to dry up. And now it's finished"

I smiled and frowned immediately

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just that I'm getting to know and like everyone here"

He nodded "I understand"

"I could stay a while longer before I tell them I'm moving out"

"Your decision"

"Thanks Nick." I smiled "So...?"

"So what?"

"How's Mara doing?"

"Oh My God, she is so feisty. I've dated a lot of girls and not one of them comes close to her. She's different. Like she's immune to my charms and all. But I see it in her eyes, she's attracted to me as I am to her"

"Wow. Look what Mara has done to you. She's getting to that Casanova way of yours. You've gotta get past your player-ish attitude or she'll keep on resisting you"

"Why?"

"She got her heart broken by a player in College and she's not dated anyone since then cause she's scared of getting her heart broken by anyone else much less another player"

"That's why she always looking for an excuse when I invite her to lunch with me"

"She said you always had her tied up in your office during lunch hours"

"Yes. But it was to get her to go to lunch with me or to have dinner with me sometimes. But it was always No"

I patted his back "You'll find a way. You always do"

"I gotta get back to work"

"At this hour?"

"Yeah. I have an employee who needs a night off somewhere"

I smiled. Ooh, Mara was in trouble.

He smiled, pecked my cheeks and left.
The moment he left Drew walked in.