You're Mine & I'm Yours

Start from the beginning

Oh my gosh Bri, you’re the best! Thank you! I hugged her.

“You’re welcome Lean!” she grinned.

They both said their goodbyes and left.

“Ermm, you should probably get some sleep, considering the fact that you’re tired” Maz said.

I couldn’t help but feel that Maz was down.

Maz, is everything alright? You seem down.

“I just hate to know that you’re here because of me. I’m sorry Marceline” he quickly wiped his tears away.

Come here. I said in a soft voice, grabbing his hand and pulling him to me. I sat on the edge of the bed and he got down on his knees.

I cupped his face in my hands.

Look at me. I said in a soft tone.

His eyes met mine. I saw deep into his eyes and saw sadness, anger and frustration. I truly felt bad for everything I’ve done to him.

You aren’t here because of me. Last time I checked, I was the one who decided to go out and vandalize; not you. I exchanged words with those two assholes, not you. You just happened to be there remember? You said it yourself, ‘how is it that everywhere I go, you’re there?’ None of this is your fault, it’s theirs. So don’t apologize for something you didn’t do, it’s not right. You’re a hero, if it weren’t for you; I’d be dead somewhere so thank you Maz. Thank you so much. I kissed his forehead.

More tears streamed down his face.

Don’t cry Maz . . . just please don’t cry. I wiped his tears away.

I pulled his head to my chest and hugged him.

The unexpected happened. He completely let it all out. He cried and cried and wrapped his hands around my waist.

His grip on my waist would tighten and I would hold him tighter.

“I’m sooo so-sorry M-Mars” he cried.

Shh, it isn’t your fault Maz. I lowered my head and gave his head a kiss.

I sat there comforting him as he kneeled before me and cried. It felt nice holding him. It felt nice knowing that someone truly cares for me. I-I guess I’m starting to like him.

Yeah . . . I like him, I like Maz.

Finally after hours of his crying his troubles out he kissed my neck and held me tighter.

When he kissed my neck it sent shivers all over my body. Jack never had that effect on me. Being wrapped in his arms made me feel secure, loved and important. I like this feeling, I like this . . . I like him.

“Thank you for everything Marceline” he mumbled in the crook of my neck.

Thank you for everything Maz. I hugged him tighter.

“It’s been a long day” he yawned.

We still have a ton of time to kill. Let’s take a nap together.

“I’d love that” he stood up and I saw his puffy brown eyes.

Maz?

He turned to me.

I cupped his face and kissed both of his eyes.

A beautiful smile ran across his face.

Come on, let’s go to bed. I held his hand.