[Chapter 05]

I'd Ship It

----------------------------------------------

☞Reader's POV☜

"Gon, who are you talking to?" Killua walked in.

We both froze in our place. We were surprised by Killua's interruption. I quickly regained my composure and sighed. It was almost getting annoying how he kept ruining my talks with Gon. But I realized it was a great chance to prove that I was invisible, just to clear up any doubt.

I walked right in front of Killua. Gon seemed puzzled on how Killua really couldn't see me. "So you were doubting me after all," I said out loud. "If you weren't, you wouldn't be so surprised right now."

Gon opened his mouth to respond but I shushed him quickly. "Remember, he can't hear me either, but he can hear you."

To prove myself even further, I started moving around, waving my hands in front of Killua's face, and saying random stuff in his ear. At one point, I tried pulling his hair, and I even walked through him. Whenever I did something like this Gon reacted ever so slightly like he was having trouble accepting my reality. I didn't want to accept it either at first, but here I am. I stared into Gon's eyes and could tell that he finally understood. Now satisfied, I decided to step back and let them talk for a bit.

I watched once more how Killua and Gon interacted with each other. The way Gon smiled at him. The way Killua blushed whenever Gon said something flattering. It was just like they were a couple.

It made me think of this girl I once observed for a while. She was always watching shows and then shipping the two lead character together. She even read fanfictions that weren't exactly clean. It kinda seemed like Gon and Killua are the types of people who play the leading roles in the show. Then I thought about the fanfiction and snickered with dirty thoughts on my mind. I leaned in towards Gon. "I bet you can get him to say your name."

To my surprise, the joke just flew over his head. He looked at Killua and said, "Say my name."

"What? Why do I have to say your name?" Killua said baffled.

"Just hurry up and say it. It's not important." Gon urged.

Blushing once more Kilua said, "Gon."

In reply, Gon said, "Killua."

After staring into each other's eyes, they both burst out into laughter. I stood there with my jaw dropped. This is definitely the kind of relationship that girl would have swooned for!

After Killua left I turned to Gon and said, "Are you sure you aren't gay for him?"

"W-what? Of course not! Killua is my friend!" He muttered with his face flushed.

My expression dropped a bit and a small smirk emerged on my face. "That's too bad, I would've shipped it."

★★★

"So you really are invisible," Gon said.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you!" I replied. We were talking for hours and neither of us had any clue about how or why I was like this.

Gon pressed his lips together in thought and then asked,

"Are you a ghost?"

I stiffened at the words. I already knew the answer but that possibility always scared me. My palms grew sweaty and I felt unable to talk. Before I had a breakdown completely I grabbed Gon's hand rested it on my chest. His face flushed and so did mine but I needed him to feel me. To feel my heartbeat. To make sure it all wasn't in my head.

"My heart beats every day, just like any other person," I said, finally finding the right words. "I know I am alive as long as I can hear it."

A moment of silence passed and I released his hand as he took a step back. "Well, we can cross that off the list then."

"I still don't know your name." Gon said softly.

I took a deep breath. "That's another thing, I can't remember anything about myself. I've never needed a name before. If no one could call out to me, there was no point. I also know absolutely nothing about my past."

"Well that's no good," he said bluntly. "Everyone needs a name. Let's make up one right now. How about...." His voice trailed off in thought. "(Y/n)?"

"(Y/n)?" I repeated. It felt weird, trying to figure out my own name. I didn't know what to think at first. I muttered the word over and over again to myself, both in my head and out loud. It sounded nice, it had a nice ring to it. I looked at Gon cheerfully, "You can call me (y/n)."

★★★

We discussed more and more and came up with some of the most far-fetched ideas ever. Someone put a spell on me, this was a power I once had, I did something to anger the Gods above and this was my punishment, all of these sounded crazy. There was no way we could do this on our own.

"Maybe you could search it on the internet?" I suggested.

"Why not, we've got nothing to lose." He replied.

We found a small laptop and typed in the words "invisible people." We clicked and scrolled through everything we could. We still couldn't find anything. All we found were dumb ghost stories and old legends that were irrelevant to my situation.

I flopped on the bed with a frustrated grunt. "I'm hopeless aren't I?" I uttered bitterly.

"I'm not gonna give up!" Gon said determinedly. "You're my friend and it's the least I can do!" He turned back to the screen and read through more useless paragraphs on the internet.

I couldn't help but stare at him. I've seen so many people live their own lives and I've never quite seen anything like him. He was so pure-hearted, so kind, so strong, and on top of all that he was handsome. Maybe he really was an angel. I smiled at the thought.

I've considered so many times that I'll be stuck like this, cursed to live a life where all you can do is watch as the world goes by without you. Sometimes it feels like I'm disappearing completely. But meeting Gon gave me hope. For the first time, I had something to look forward to. If I ever get to be seen by people and live a somewhat normal life, I have no idea what I'm gonna do. When I first thought of the idea that Gon could help me, I imagined having to check myself every now and then just to make sure I'm not taking advantage of his kindness. But I know I'll never do that now. Because the one thing I do know is, even if I'm stuck like this forever, even if I become normal, even if I disappear completely, I always wanna be by Gon's side.

----------------------------------------------

AN: Hello my lovely readers! I'm really proud of this chapter. And the video is just so freaking cute with Killua and Gon and omfg I'm fangirling. Kyaa! :3

I Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

Tell me what you think!

❤️Bye!🍉

----------------------------------------------

EN: Seriously, why do you guys like my writing? It honestly hurts me to read. Half of this chapter was basically a filler and it probably wouldn't have happened if I never found that video. Either way, I'm glad you guys like it. And I'm glad that I finally got back to editing!

-Lena C.