Night Crawler

It was my 12Th birth-day. I was sooo excited. Mum said she got me a great present. I shoved my breakfast down my throat, I really wanted to open my presents. I went into my bedroom to get dressed but before I could mum came in.

"Ben," She sighed. "We could only get you one present this year. It's not much but i think you'll love it." She told me handing me the present (Well it was more like pushing the present towards me). It was a huge present.

 I ripped off the wrapping paper and saw... "YOU GOT ME A BIKE! THANK YOU!" I yelled. She kissed me on the head and walked out. I checked the time on my watch. It was an old watch, real rusty. It was 7:30. The morning train was about to go right past our house. I started to hear the rattling of the carts. "Right on time!"I said. I could hear someone yelling so I walked into the kitchen. Well it was a kitchen and a living room and my mum and dads bedroom.

 It was dad yelling. "WHY BUILD THE TRAIN TRACK THERE YOU FILTHY YUPPIES! LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Dad had spilt coffe all over his new pants.

"Dad is everything alright?" I asked him.

"Oh.. uh.. yeah, fine. Hey, dont you have school Ben?"

"No I do-.MUM! I'M GONNA BE LATE!" I yelled realising that it was a monday.

"So am I," She sighed. Dad offered to give me and mum a ride. So we got in the car (Believe me it wasnt the best car) and listened to dad yell at some kids crossing the road and people "driving too slow"

I was happy to get out of the car. I walked up to my class room (Room 2) , got out my chair and sat at my desk.

It was a long day and at the end of the day my teacher made everyone sing happy birthday to me. The bell rang and everyone in my class ran out of the room so fast it was like one big blur. I waited for them to leave and then walked out of the class and grabbed my bag.

I waited for dad to pick me up but he didn't come. I started to get worried. I couldnt walk home, It's an hour out of town. I couldnt catch the bus, I don't have any money, And I couldnt ask someone elses mum or dad to give me a lift because I didnt know them. I didn't have any friends to ask. I heard a police siren. It was getting louder and louder. I could see the lights flashing. Was it coming for me? No, It couldn't be. I didn't do anything wrong.

The police car stopped in front of the school and a policeman got out of the car."Ben?" he asked."You are Ben arent you?"

"Yes," I said.

"My name is Bob. You need to come with me," the Bob said. I got into his car and he drove me to the police station. when we got there he started to tell me what I thought was a lie. "Your father, as you are aware dropped your mother off at work today. She was late and she left her bag in the car so  your father got out of the car to give it to her. He went to her office and saw her on the ground. Don't worry she's not dead! She's in the hospital. Your father though, was murdered."

"More like mutilated!" I heard one of the other cops whisper.

Bob made a very fake coughing noise to the other cop, trying to shut him up. "Do you know anything about this? Is there anything your father might have done to upset another?"

"No," I replied. Was this cop serious? Was he telling the truth?

"We found your fathers body in the sewer, cut and bruised," The cop told me.

"WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS?" I yelled, my eyes starting to water. "I DON'T WANT TO KNOW!" Why was he telling me this?

"Now, we need to arrange some living arrangements,"  He said, ignoring everything I had just yelled.

"Maybe you shouldn't tell 'im," suggested the other cop. "Maybe he's better off not knowing"

"Maybe you should keep your mouth shut!" yelled Bob. "You'll be staying with me," He said. "I just need to work  a bit longer,"

The other cop came over to me. He was alot younger than Bob. "Hey, my name's Sebastian!" He said.

"My name's Ben," Sebastian and I talked for hours while Bob worked. Sebastian was pretty cool. He told me how he was only 15 years old and that his mum and dad died when he was my age too until Bob told us to "Shut our doughnut holes"

Three weeks later I lived with Bob in his massive house. There was one problem though. I kept hearing noises. Not normail noises, it was more like... well I don't really know what they were. One night they were louder then ever. The next morning when I woke up. Bob wasn't there. Sebastian was.

"Ben... They found Bobs body... In a sewer... It was just like what happend to your dad. We don't know what happened to them. We cant find any clues as to why this would be happening. We are trying though." I didn't know what to say so I said the first thing that came to my mind.

Who am I staying with?" I asked Sebastian.

"Me..." he said as if I had gone insane.

"NO!" I yelled. "YOU"LL BE KILLED TOO!"

"Ben, I'll be fine," He told me.

The next night I put security cameras all over the house. In the morning I ran to see if Sebastian was still in his room or maybe in the kitchen. First I checked his room. He wasnt there... I ran downstairs and saw him at the table eating a bowl of fruit loops. "Sebastian!" I yelled. He turned and looked at me. "Did you look at the video cameras yet? Did you check them?"

"No," he said.

I ran to get all the cameras and sebastian got Bob's laptop. I looked at the videos and saw something I didn't expect to see. It was like an alien or something. It walked in a horizontal line and looked through all the windows in the house. Then another one came out. The 2nd alien tapped the first one on the shoulder. The first alien turned to look at the second one. Then the second alien grabbed the fiirst alien by the jaw and started to rip it in half. Then it started to... to eat it. This scared me. After the alien had eaten the other it burst into flames making more aliens.Now there were at least 30 of them. "Sebastian..." I said "This isn't normal."

"Thats whats been doing this. Aliens?"

The next night I found it hard to get to sleep. But I eventually did. I didn't want to sleep but Sebastian made me. The next morning I checked to see if sebastian was... Well... Stil alive. I couldnt find him. I walked into the kitchen and saw someone sitting at the table. "Sebastian?" The man didn't move. "Sebastian, is that you?" He still didnt move. I walked up to the man and poked him in the shoulder. The man rolled and revealed his face. It was a gruesome sight. The man had no skin on his face or neck. He had scars all over him and his arm had been ripped in half. But there was no blood. Was this man Sebastian? I could'nt tell. There was no way of telling who he was. I heard footsteps coming up th stairs (Bob had a basement). I turned to see who or what it was. It was Sebastian. He was holding a knife. It had blood all over it. "Sebastian?" I said

"Yea Ben," He said. "It has been me the whole time!"

"Who's this?" I asked him.

"That, Oh that's your dad Ben, Don't you recognise him?"

"Wh-" But before I could finish he had lunged at me. stabbing me in the heart. I lay on the floor. Watching sebastian walk out the door. He turned and waved to me then left. I didn't even get to find out what really happened. Were the aliens real. What would happen to me... And then... I died.