Perhaps he understood, since he replied with, "I'm not too hungry, so we might as well start walking. I'll eat later, if that's what you're worried about." And with that, he stepped onto a boulder and mounted me.

          And that's just how it went for the next few days. Besides my tiny tantrum, everything else seemed... normal. By day I would carry the prince safely on my back over the miles we traveled. At night, I visited him for an hour. Like I had hoped would be the outcome, I could tell we were becoming closer friends. He freely chatted about anything and everything with me. Some of it I had heard while he talked to me as a horse, but I didn't mind hearing it twice. I, however had to be a little more reserved with my words, but I managed to get by with minimal whites lies here and there, such as where I grew up. Being unfamiliar with any of the towns and villages within our kingdom's territory, I had to scrape by with, "oh, just a nameless little village. Incredibly small. I would be surprised if you had heard about it."

          Luckily for me, Philip accepted my answer. As Aurora, I gradually became used to addressing my prince by his first name without any other titles or formalities. It was tricky at first, but my annoyance at his constant corrections finally persuaded my hesitant conscience that it would be alright to call him 'Philip'.

          Finally, on our tenth night together as Philip and Aurora, he asked me a question.

          "Aurora," he began quietly. "Do you ever think about true love?"

          I felt my breath stick in my throat. Of course I have thought about it. 

          I think about it every time I see you....

          "Yes, it's a consistent thought actually. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a myth." Instead of meeting his curious eyes, my own gaze wandered to examine the space of ground between us. As usual, we sat before a small fire, a makeshift cooking spit built over it. Philip had taken to hunting for his food now, and he even began to share some with me, insisting he had enough for one more. I almost drooled of happiness at the taste of meat. I've never had much in my life, but it wasn't grass. And for that, I was happy.

          "I suppose for some it would be considered as fake. I used to think it was stupid when I was little." He scooted closer by half an inch. My heart pounded against my chest.

          "Used to?"

          "Well, I'm beginning to doubt my doubts," he chuckled. Then gazed straight into my eyes. Mysterious shadows danced across his face, mostly leaving half of it concealed in complete darkness. A quiet breeze blew through his thick hair, failing to shift the section of hair that he'd tied into a small pony tail, and succeeding in making the loose strands to fall in his face. The rugged boy look fit him well. He looked just as good this way as he did when he had been well groomed. 

          My mouth felt drier than it did a minute ago.

          "Really now?" My voice sounded a bit choked and strained. I hoped he didn't notice. Breaking eye contact, I concentrated on drawing swirls and spirals in the dirt. "And what exactly caused this change of heart? I'm curious. I do believe in love, but 'true' love? It seems impossible to me..."

          When I glanced up again, he was much closer. I had to stifle a gasp.

          "I wouldn't say impossible," once again, he trapped me within his gaze. "If someone found the right person, someone they trusted fully, someone they desired to stand side by side with for their entire lives and remained utterly faithful..." Then his warm hand brushed away a strand of my own hair, sweeping it behind my left ear. His fingers continued the circle around my ear, slowly tracing down my jawline, stopping maybe halfway...

          My brain couldn't concentrate and my stomach wouldn't stop flipping.

          "Are you that someone, Aurora?" Philip whispered.

          No words formed or were uttered. The power he had over me in this state.. I couldn't believe it!

          And that's when he leaned in, his eyes slowly closing...

          With my pulse racing faster than a galloping horse, I mimicked his simple, yet meaningful movements.

          One moment held silence, and nothingness.

          The next second when my lips first touched his, it felt like something had sparked inside of my heart. The sensation of his mouth pressed against mine was exhilarating. The softness of his lips surprised me, but still felt amazingly wonderful. Our noses briefly brushed against each others as I angled my head to further perfect this moment. His breath was hot and grew in pace as he grew more intense with the kiss. Warmth seemed to emanate out of his skin, especially from his face. My arms began to move without consent from my mind, desiring to wrap themselves around his neck, or intertwine my fingers in his hair...

          Someone they trusted fully...

          My eyes snapped open.

          Philip trusted me. No he didn't trust me, he trusted Aurora who didn't entirely exist! I, Kaelyn, had finally found a dream come true, and it wasn't really mine to have. I could feel my heart which had never felt so alive, shatter into many pieces. I couldn't do this to him anymore. Philip, my prince deserved better than this. 

          Shame creeped into my soul. Playing pretend never worked out. I should know this better than anyone. Why would I think that for once in my life, something would go my way? If I spilled out the truth now, he would only feel disgust at me, I was sure of it. I had dug myself into a deep hole, and now here are the consequences of my actions. My eyes burned as I tried to hold in my tears. I jerked away from him, refusing to look at his probably hurt expression. A coolness replaced the heat that my lips had felt. The temptation to apologize, then return the love Philip had been offering to me was overwhelming.

          "I'm sorry," I gasped. "I'm not the one for you."

          I quickly stumbled to my feet and raced into the protective darkness of the woods, trying to stifle my sobs. 

          "Aurora!" My prince shouted after me. Branches cracked and leaves rustled as I heard him trying to pursue me. "Come back!" I didn't stop running.

          Finally, I lost him. Hidden deep within the woods, I couldn't hold back my tears any longer. I collapsed to the ground, crying as quietly as I could manage. My sobs finally died away as my throat changed and became somewhat incapable of making those noises. So I stood alone in the blackness with my pain. With my sensitive ears, I could barely make out the prince still calling for Aurora.

          I'm sorry my prince. I'm not the one you are looking for. I am not that someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) D': -tear tear-

2) i've never written a kissing scene before.. so.. how'd i do?

3) sorry it's short and only 1 p.o.v. but i just had to post this. it's intense, yes?

4) thanks for your support and votes/comments/fanning! :) it really makes my day so thank you so much! you guys are the best :D