Phoenix Rising - Review by British_Beauty

~Air moves us

Fire transforms us

Water heals us

Darkness becomes us

Ice holds us

Earth grounds us~

Follow these six on their adventure to find freedom, family, and meaning to their lives.

***

Phoenix Rising by Arizona_Red tells the tale of a world divided, defined by an ultimatum decision whether you are deemed worthy enough to live within society. If not you are ostracised to what is named as the slums, plagued by poverty and crime.

The story first turns to the point of view of a character Phoenix, a rebel teen with an attitude that could knock out a truck driver. As a female myself it's nice to see some female action within the Science-Fiction genre which I feel it is severely lacking, mostly writers tell the tales of male main characters and damsels in distress. However Phoenix and her intrepid ways shine a refreshing light, where in fact she presents the strong gutsy character demonstrated in every Science-Fiction story and her Male companion ironically named Ghost is slightly more tame and less of a threat.

Ghost the chilled out, illusive boy and Phoenix's partner in crime, proposes a suitable contrast to her character. Not only does it bring out Phoenix's free-spirit it also provides a suitable light and shade within the book, showing off Arizona_Red's clever characterization skills. It makes the book more relatable and gives everyone someone to root for.

Another thing that makes this story so captivating and shocking is the realism within the book, a lot of Science-Fiction I find to be much too far-fetched, and although entertaining it isn't enough to get your blood pumping. Especially within in the dystopian theme, too many ideas and plot twists with not enough lateral thinking behind it. Dystopian should be basically a stab at something within our society now a days, so a reader can have the all -important "What if?" question, tampering with their brain.

Phoenix rising is what seems to be an attempt at criticising out arrogance and superficiality as humans, demonstrating a world in which it has gone too far. This infects one's mind with the possibility of us living in a world that has such rules and situations, demonstrating something that could actually and has already happened within our society.

That is the reason I give it a verdict of Four out of Five, which is a high rating as I am very picky when it comes to reading. So if I loved it so much I guarantee you will be enslaved by its brilliance.

Favourite Quote ~ "It's every smoker for themselves!"