Nine

The next day. Connie walked into the ED looking really tired. She couldn't remember much about what had happened last night.

As she was walking towards her office, she heard Jacob talking to someone on the phone

"I am sorry but it's wasn't going to work." He said and then cut off the phone.

He walked out off the staff room and saw Connie. He smiled at her. "Morning Mrs Beauchamp." He said.

"Morning Jacob." She replied with a smile and then left for her office.
She removed her coat and placed her bag on her chair and the took her stethoscope and placed it around her neck.

"Staff nurse masters." She called out. "'Cubicles with me please."

Jacob followed Connie and together, they treated many patients. Some were in cubicles and some were in resus as a fire broke out at an elderly care home.

Their shifts were hectic and at the end of the day, Jacob followed connie to her office.
"Mrs B." He said.

"Yes Jacob." She replied. She didn't bother to correct him as he never listens or maybe she actually loved the annoying names.

"Let me take you out to dinner." He said. "My treat for the hard day."

She thought for a moment. She really wanted to accept his offer. Spending the night with Jacob was all she had wanted. She had fallen hard for him.

"I will have to refuse." She said.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't think Mia would like it if I spent time with her boyfriend." She said with a laugh, trying not to show how she truly felt.

"You don't need to worry about Mia." He replied.

"Why?" She asked. She was confused.

"I broke up with her." He simply stated.

"But why?" She asked. "I thought you were happy with her."

"I thought I was but I really wasn't." He said. "And I hurt someone by being with her. And it wasn't going to work so thought it was best to end it."

Connie was happy. Of course she felt sorry for Mia, but she had happy that Jacob was finally single. Maybe she finally be with Jacob, if she could master the courage to tell him about how she felt unknown to her, that she had already confessed.

"Oh I am sorry Jacob." She said.

"Don't be." He replied. He got closer to her whilst Connie moved back and back until she was against the wall. He stood in front of her and trapped her by placing his hands either side of her. "So will you come sweet cheeks. I can't have dinner on my own. I will be really lonely."

Connie felt butterflies in her tummy. "Ermm...f..fine." She said earning a smile from Jacob. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her neck shocking Connie before pulling back. "See you in 10." He said and left her office.

Connie quickly sat on her chair as she could no longer stand anymore. She was weak in her knees. He had just got so close to her. He had placed a kiss on her neck. Her breathing was fast and she couldn't stop thinking about him.

Jacob came back ten minutes later having already changed out of his uniform. "Ready to go sweet cheeks."

"Mrs Beauchamp." She corrected him.

"I am sure we both prefer sweet cheeks." He replied with a smirk. He walked inside and took her coat and helped her wear it. He gave her her bag. He took her hand in his and left her office heading towards his car...