Chapter 1

It's the first day of trying out this whole school thing. I'm the orphan they call Sage. I am thirteen. I don't talk to anyone. I live on the streets. And I am worried about a... condition I have. It is lunch time. I walk through the cafeteria to find a secluded seat. I am not one for the whole social act. It never ends well. As I walk someone sticks they're leg out. I trip and fall. Milk spills in a wet heap of white over my worn out jeans. They laugh at me. They laugh as I fall. The bully from day one strides over and makes it worse.
He kicks me. A burning sensation floods my body, and the cafeteria absolutely erupts into laughter. They don't see what is happening. He curses and takes a step back. My eyes start to glow like tiny silver and golden Suns. I try to fight it. It's always so sudden when it happens. Like a shark when it finally attacks. My hands do the same. He screams. They all scream. I feel my body start to levitate. I try to contain the energy bursts but if I'm angered I have no shot at doing so. It flows. These outbursts of anger have been occurring since I was young. It is how my parents were killed... because of me.
I was born with the ability to use sunlight as a weapon. I don't want it to be a weapon but whenever it happens that is all it proves to be. I still can't control it. A blinding shot of energy courses through the school cafeteria piercing walls and leaving people screaming in a frantic haste to exit and run fast to anywhere safe. "They were laughing and now they're running... serves them right" I think. My hands and eyes burn from where the energy is escaping... it is too much.
A loud gasp escapes my lips right before the world in front of me goes black. I hit the floor with a loud thud. The last thing I see is a man walking towards me.

I wake up in a strange bed. I am in a room with absolutely no colors except for white. There are no windows either. I wonder if I am in a prison, cell of some kind. It wouldn't be the first time if that was the case. It must have been ten minutes before a girl walks in who looks a bit older than I. "Where am I?" I ask. She walks toward me without saying a word. This is the moment I realize I am strapped down and can't move.
I ask again, "Where am I?" A little more harsh this time. Panic is rising in my stomach. Her hair is jet black and her eyes a piercing...golden color. " Oh shut up! You'll be fine!" She says, without looking up at me. Did she just read my thoughts!? She makes a laughing sound quietly.
   She undoes the straps and pulls me out of the bed. She leads me to the wall behind the bed and whispers a few words then pushes on the wall. "I am Helcia, and this is the place for people like us." She says. The wall falls down to reveal the shape of a door. Her words echo inside my head. Is she...like me? She guides me out to reveal a man. I gasp at the sight of this man! His dark pants and heavy jacket and short sandy blonde hair reveal someone I know only as my father.

"DAD?! Oh dad!" I run over to him and hug his waist. How did he survive that day. That day when I was so angered it all let loose. The house was burned down. The whole neighborhood for that madder. My mother and father were presumed dead after the incident and I was taken into custody. My life went down to the pits of despair after that. I thought I better stay in the custody of those people to protect others but one of them teased me about my father and mother. That building was burned to ashes. From then on I had to lie to survive. I lied to get a car to drive away from that town. I drove to a faraway place. Basically till the car was out of gas. Then I found that school...
"Hello son", my father says grasping me with his arms. I have missed him so much.