1.

Photo of character, Ajhani, in media.

"Doesn't come natural, bare with me, it could take a bit.." -Drake, Fireworks

I walked through the two large doors, looking down at the small sheet of paper I held in my hands. "Searching for a dorm room should not be this hard," I thought to myself. Looking up from my paper, I stood in front of a door that read the letters 231. Sighing with relief, as I had found my new home for the next 2 years, I pulled the door open and immediately sat my Louis vuttion suitcases near the door.  I walked a bit further into the room as I looked around the tiny room, seeing a couple shoeboxes sprawled messily across the floor, along with empty suitcases. Raising my eyebrow, I realized I would be a bit irritated at the fact my roommate was unorganized. I've always been a pretty organized person, and it's one of my pet peeves when others are not.  Shrugging my shoulders, I then moved towards my suitcases snd sat on the floor, pulling the latch to open them, before my vibrating phone interrupted me. I took a glance at my phone to see my mother's contact name, before pressing the accept button on my iphone screen. "Hi mommy!" I smiled as I began to speak. "Hola mi muñeca, tiene usted lo hizo bien?" [translation; Hi my doll, have you made it okay?] "Sí, he hecho bien. I was just beginning to unpack." [Yes, I have.]  "Oh great!" She exclaimed. "I just wanted to check and see if you we're alright." Nodding, I begin to take my outfits from my suitcase. "Oh yes mommy, I'm fine. Just trying to get settled." Knowing this would be a long conversation, I placed my phone onto the ground and turned my mother onto speaker phone. "Your aunt has just arrived, she's gonna be the only one keeping me company since you're gone now." Sighing deeply, I look up from my suitcase and sees the door open, in walking a lightskinned, curly haired girl. She was attractive, although I am not attracted to the same sex. She looked towards me, before walking into our small living room. "Hey mommy, I'm going to call you later, I do have to finish unpacking." "Alright! Love you!" I then pressed the end button on my phone, before standing up and hanging my clothes into my closet. "Aye, I planned on staying in here." I turned to see my roommate, looking towards me with a blank expression. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know.." I looked down at my feet, running my fingers along the edge of my shirt nervously. She smiled, before speaking to me again. "I'm playin. You good ma."
"Are you sure? I can move to the other room if you would like.." "Nah, you good. I just like messing with people. I'm Indigo, by the way." She stuck her hand out towards me, and I nervously stuck my hand out to hers, allowing us to exchange a hand shake. "I'm Ajahani." She nodded, before hopping back onto the bed. "Nice name. So you my roommate huh?" she asked, leaning back against the wall as she spoke. "Yes, I'm guessing so," I replied as I continued to hang my wardrobe up. "At least you cool. Quiet and shit. And you cute." I blushed at her words, as I'm sure anyone would when someone is calling them cute. "You know anybody here?" I asked, looking towards her as I unfolded a shirt. "Yeah, its a couple people here I know. Youn know nobody?" I shook my head no, still looking at her. "Aw, you got me. We'll be best friends." I chuckled at her friendliness, before closing one of my large suitcases. "Well thank you. I'll need a best friend." I sighed, beginning to think of the situation that occurred between my now ex-best friend. "Why you don't have one?" I chewed my bottom lip, not really wanting to answer. She sensed my change in mood, quickly changing the subject. "Its a party going on tonight, you wanna go?" I hesitated before answering, "Sure, I don't want to be stuck here alone." She smiled, before nodding. "Alright then Jah. and Ima call you Jah from now on, that shit kinda cool." I giggled, before moving towards my next suitcase.