13. Thoughts & Assumptions

Logan lets me go as I crawl away from him to the other side of the room. "Y-you're one of them..." I hug my knees together like a child.

"No, you've got it all wrong!" He raises his voice standing up from the carpeted floor.

"You sold your own sister!" I think of the worst scenarios from the top of my head. "Just like my brother did to me!"

"Listen to me, I'm not one of them!" He crouches down in front of me with a worrisome stare.

"Then explain all this!" I point at the hand cuffs, whips, paddles, restraints and ball gags.

Logan sighs heavily wandering his eyes elsewhere in embarrassment. "I don't use them like they do." He tries to explain.

"What? What do you mean?!" I watch every movement he makes as he walks to his shelves.

His face turns bright red trying to explain. "These things are used for pleasure... For both partners not just one."

I remain silent trying to understand his explanation. "But they-" I'm cut off by his words that followed.

"They use it in a bad way. This is suppose to be consensual." Logan folds his arms and places them on his chest.

"S-so these things are actually suppose to be enjoyable?" I point at the shelves.
Logan nods walking to the door unlocking it.

"Normal people don't do this." I mutter under my breath. Logan lets out a small chuckle shaking his head.

"What can I say? I'm a kinky man." He shrugs and walks towards the door and unlocks it. I get up from the carpeted floor only understanding that he wasn't going to hurt me.

"I'm sorry." I hug myself looking down at him rubbing my arms. "I overreacted." My eyes wander around the room for the last time.

"No, it's fine. You were just curious. It was my fault." He opens the door making our way out of the room.

I hold onto my stomach making me cringe from the growling pain. "Ariel?" I hear Logan question my sudden change of well being.

I run to the bathroom dropping to my knees in front of the toilet as I vomit inside. I hold onto my stomach in pain cradling myself.

Logan enter the bathroom in worrisome. "What's wrong?" He asks as I flush the toilet wiping my mouth with toilet paper.

"My stomach really hurts." I rub on it in an upset expression.

"Let's get you back to bed. I'll give you some Alka Seltzer." He helps me get back on my feet as I fall back on his chest.

"I'm so dizzy." I lowly say holding onto my head. "Do you think I have a stomach virus?"

Logan stays silent picking me up bridal style. "Yeah...I think that's it." He says walking into the guest room placing me on the bed. He tucks me in and puts his hand in my forehead.

"You aren't hot, so it's not a fever." He smiles walking into the kitchen preparing the water with Alka Seltzer.

I cringe at the ache of my stomach hearing it growl. Logan comes back with a glass and places it on the nightstand. "Drink this, it'll make you feel better." He exits the room walking back to his own room.

His cellphone begins to vibrate on his bed as he immediately picks up. "Detective Gordan speaking."

"Logan!" The voice of Philip is on the other line.

"Phil, what's your status? Did you find him? Did you get the the site?" Logan filled up his partner with so many questions.

"Yeah I found him. Found the house too." Phil clears his throat. "I'm at the warehouse where little red, told us about." The wind howls making it harder to understand through the other end of the line.

"What did you find? Did you find the girls?" Logan's voice quivers in hopes of the answer being positive.

"No, it's empty. They were here recently though, there's a lot of garbage and their warn out beds are still here." Phil ruffles through the trash hearing other officers shout to Phil.

"Hold on something came up." Phil says walking to the officers who show him a time bomb. "Oh shit! Everyone out, take cover!"

"Phil? Phil, what's happening?!" Logan shouts through the phone hearing an explosion from his partner's line ending the call.

"Shit." Logan throws his phone on the bed. He places his hand on the bridge of his nose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LATER THAT DAY

Frantic knocks on Logan's door makes him reach for his gun underneath the kitchen counter. "Logan it's me! Open the damn door!" Philip's familiar voice makes Logan forget about the gun and run to the door.

He opens the door seeing Philip with cuts on his face and a broken arm that was put into a cast. "Phil, what happened?" Logan lets him in.

"They're onto us, They knew we were coming and left a little surprise behind." Philip groans sitting on the couch. "We lost five good officers today." He shakes his head.

Logan sighs heavily walking up to him. "Do you have any leads to where they have gone?" He whispers looking at The guest room.

Philip shakes his head. "The team is looking into the explosion, hoping to find some. They're searching the whole site."

"Damn it." Logan punches the couch.

"Listen, we'll find them. Captain is doing everything he can, in the meantime let's talk about things with little red." He points his left arm at the door.

"She found my kink equipment." Logan scratches the back of his head in a whisper.

Philip points at the black door with a jaw drop. "Holy shit, what did she say?"
He chuckles.

"Well, she screamed and told me I was one of them." Logan sighs in a smile. "I had to shut her up."

"How'd you do that? Whip her in the ass with your cat woman whip?" Philip chuckles slapping his knee.

"I had to cover her mouth."

"You kinkster." Phil shakes his head patting him on the shoulder.

"I explained everything, I think she got it, somewhat." Logan rubs his hands together hoping he didn't wake Ariel up with Phil's laughter.

"Oh, I know that look." He whispers pointing at me in a smirk.

"What?" Logan questions in a denying smile.

"You like her!" Philip whispers. "Don't deny it!"

"Phil, she's nineteen." Logan frowns denying his feelings.

"So, you're twenty five. She's legal." Phil smirks at him laying a punch on his chest.

"I don't like her Phil." Logan firmly says in a frown.

"Whatever you say, ladies man." Phil chuckles in a wink.

"Phil, I think she's pregnant." Logan frantically lets out staring at him. Philip widens his eyes at the sudden words.

"How would you know?" Philip raises an eyebrow. "You mean you...." He widens his eyes. "Did you do the sex?!"

"No! God no, Phil!" Logan shakes his head. "This is serious!" His voice becomes louder unintentionally.

"She was feeling sick earlier today. She threw up." He whispers. "She got raped by her brother Phil."

"Or she can just have stomach poisoning." Phil whispers back trying to be as positive as possible with a shrug thinking nothing of it.

Logan sighs in a nod. "I hope you're right about that..."