Prolouge

Mya's POV

One year earlier

The sound of the classic 'Here comes the bride' rang out through the church as I walked down the Isle. As I walked down, I kept my head up trying to keep the tears from falling. I looked at my soon to be husband Desmond. God he looked sexy. And Jazmine, who couldn't look any cuter stood beside her father with a big toothy grin. Once I was at the alter Desmond's father turned and placed a kiss on my forehead before taking a seat. Desmond and I locked eyes and I wanted nothing more than to kiss this man senseless but I knew I had to wait.

"Who is giving this woman away?" My mother stood up smiling as usual and proudly said 'I am' before taking her seat. The priest started speaking but my attention wasn't on him it was on the man in front of me who I had fallen madly in love with. He was wearing a black tuxedo that made his caramel skin tone look sexier than usual. His pearly whites were showing as his eyes danced with happiness and joy.

"Does anyone object or have a reason why these two should join in holy matrimony?" The church was deadly silent as Shante and Kayla whipped their heads around as if they were looking for someone brave enough to say they did.

"Mya do you take Desmond Harter to be your awfully wedded husband, through rich or for poorer, sickness and in health. Through the good times and the bad times?"

"I do" Desmond slid my ring onto my finger.

"Desmond do you take this woman to be your awfully wedded wife through rich or for poorer, sickness and in health. Through the good times and the bad times?"

"He does" slipped out of my mouth and the entire church laughed including Desmond and the priest.

"You heard the woman, I do" Desmond pulled my body closer to his and the priest chuckles.

"By the power vested in me I now pronounce you..." the rest went unheard as Desmond captured our lips together causing the church to erupt with praise.

"Mr and Mrs Desmond Harter!"

***

No longer in my long white wedding dress but in pink low cut mini dress, I was ready for my wedding reception. I headed out the doors and the amazing people in Desmond and my life who had just watched the best day of my life happen cheered and I felt arms around my body before a kiss was placed on my cheek.

"I love you Mrs. Harter"

"I love you too Mr. Harter" his smile grew before he enclosed our hands, lacing our fingers together.

"Well let's get this party started" once again they erupted with cheer and the DJ stated off with the cupid shuffle.

"Oh this is my track!" I yelled happily and Desmond raised and eyebrow my direction.

"Girl what you know about the cupid shuffle?"

"Is that a challenge Mr. Harter?" He kissed my lips

"Damn right" I headed to the dance floor with him following behind and we busted into the cupid shuffle. Some of the family members laughed at our competitive nature but most joined in. Soon the song was mixed with 'Bet you can't do it like me' and Jazmine took the mic from the DJ.

"This is dedicated to my mommy" Jazmine said loudly before heading on the dance floor with Desmond and they started dancing. I could help but laugh as Desmond attempted to keep up with Jazmine's moves.

"Go ahead baby!" I cheered after them and Jazmine started to speed up with her dancing leaving Desmond in the dust. Giving up he headed over to where I was and wrapped his arms around my waist. He placed a kiss on my cheek, then my earlobe before placing multiple on my neck.