The Fairytale Archives

Comincia dall'inizio

"Well, I think we found the archives." Hero said.

"Let's go." Sophie said. They walked down the staircase. Once they got to the end of the stairs, it was super dark. The only light that was coming in was the starlight from above. Hero spotted a lantern. So he got a match from his pocket, and lit the lantern. Suddenly the entire room was filled with the light from the lantern. They all gasped. The room was full of old portraits, scrolls, and books.

"This is amazing." Sophie said. "There's so much history in here. Think of what we could learn!"

"All I see is a dusty mess." Ruby said.

"Come on guys, let's get looking." Hero said. They all went through books, scrolls and anything that had words on it. They couldn't find anything.

"Maybe someone took it out of here a long time ago." Ally said.

"Yeah." Sophie said. "We were so close too."

"Yeah, now what are we going to do?" Ruby said and rested her arm on a pedestal with a vase on it. When she was moving her arm off of the pedestal, the vase fell to the floor and shattered. Just then a book was lifted up out from inside the pedestal.

"The book!!" Sophie said and picked it up. The title of the book read Ancient Spells and Objects. Sophie opened it up, and found the chapter on the Darkness to Light Wand.

"It says here the wand has to be wielded by a Fairy Godmother or Heir of Magic." Sophie read.

"That would be me." Ally said and smiled. Sophie rolled her eyes and kept reading.

"The things we need are...an object of a hero, an object of a villian, a touch of fire from the Albino Dragon, a ball of snow from the Northern Mountains, and a single drop of magic blood."  Sophie read.

"That's all we need. That's great." Hero said. 

"There's just two problems." Ally said.

"What's that?" Ruby asked.

"All the villains in this world were destroyed years ago." Ally said.  "And there's no dragons."

"There's a witch in the dwarf forests that has the fire. So we're good with that part."  Sophie said.

"But what about the villains object?"  Ally said.

"Oh yeah." Hero said. Sophie then smiled.

"Not all of them. There's still one more that's alive." Sophie said.

"Who?" Ruby said.

"Cinderella's Evil Stepmother." Sophie said.

"But she's in the Otherworld." Ally said. "And the gateways are closed...aren't they? "

"I overheard Mother Goose a few months ago saying that she was going to visit someone in the Otherworld. I don't know why our parents kept this from us." Sophie said. "If we can find a portal we can visit The Evil Stepmother."

"That's awesome." Hero said.

"But we have never been in the Otherworld before." Ally said. "How will we know where to find them?"

"My mom and dad always tell me stories about the Otherworld. I know where they lived, who there friends were, and where are grandparents live and work." Sophie said.

"Our grandparents?" Ally said.

"My dad and your moms mom and step dad." Sophie said. "They live in the Otherworld. If we find them they could tell us where the Evil Stepmother is."

"That sounds like a good plan."  Hero said.

"Yeah it does, and it would be a chance to see the Otherworld's fashion sense." Ruby said.

"We're not going there for fashion Ruby." Hero said.

"What? We have to blend in, or else people will start to get suspicious." Ruby said.

"That would be pretty cool to see the Otherworld and our grandparents." Ally said. She thought for a while, then smiled. "Ok let's do it."

"Now all we need is a portal." Sophie said.

"Don't worry. I know there's one in the Fairy Palace." Ally said.

"Great. We'll head out in the morning." Hero said.

"We can sleep in my castle for the night." Ruby said.

"Good. Ok guys lets get lots of good sleep. We'll need it for the journey ahead." Hero said. They all went back up the stairs and pushed the statue back in place. Ruby led them to the palace, and she gave them each a room to sleep in.

Sophie got in her night gown that the maid had brought her and got in her bed. She set the book on the night stand and laid down. She prayed that their plan would work. She missed her parents so much. She wanted them back. Her parents were like her best friends, and she didn't know what she'd do without them. Just thinking about them made her cry, and she cried herself to sleep.

That morning, everyone woke up and was ready to go. They all put on the clothes they wore yesterday, except for Ruby. She wore a red, silver and pink dress with silver heels. They all met downstairs in the dining room for breakfast.

"So how did everyone sleep?" Ruby asked.

"Good." Hero and Ally said.

"Good." Sophie said even though it was a lie. Their breakfast came out shortly. After they ate their breakfast, they went down to the stables, and the stable hands tacked up the horses that they road yesterday and they were on their way to the Fairy Kingdom.

They road to the Unicorn Meadows and dismounted the horses there. They then walked to the palace and followed Ally to the South Tower.

"Are you sure the fairies are not here?" Sophie said.

"Positive." Ally said. "I checked this morning using the same spell I used at your house. Their gone looking for our parents.  Now there should be a lever somewhere." Hero spotted the lever and pulled it. The curtain of light instantly appeared.

"Wow." Hero said. "Well ladies first."

"No guys first, to see if it's safe." Ruby said.

"How about we all go in together?" Sophie suggested. They all agreed. They held hands and walked closer to the portal.

"Otherworld here we come." They all then jumped through the portal.