Chapter 1

My pain of today is finally numb from my thoughts of my dead mom and the pain of losing my love Shane to the biggest slut in the school! This time it only took eleven cuts up and down my arms. I hope dad doesn't notice. What am I saying?! He never does. It's all about his damn wife now. Or should I say my "lovely" stepmom?!

"Blake!! Dinner's on the table! I'll be back at eight!" Dad yells knocking on my door. Good thing I locked it. He did scare the life out of me though.

I grab a gauze and wrap my arm up with it as I roll my sleeves down.

"Where are you going?" I say as I put on a happy face for him as I open the door.

"I need to run to the store to get some stuff. What are you doing in here?" He questions me as if he knows exactly what is going on.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Homework. Listening to music." I lie.

"Alright. You need anything?"He shoots me a I-really-do-care-honey look.

"Nah, I'm good. Bye." I shut the door.

I go to my bed and put away my things getting back to reality. I look at my arm. It's still bleeding. I wonder what my dad would think if he ever found out that I was a depressed emo chick? I wasn't going to find out. I'm sure he would love to find out so he could ship me off to some mental hospital to get me out the way. Made me so mad how ever since he married Karen, my stepmom, and doesn't even care about anything else in his life. It's like she put some spell on him to get him to only love her and for him to spend every second with her. I can't stand it! He doesn't care about any of us children. Maggie, my little sister, and Hunter, my stepbrother (who is no better than Karen.) I could live without both of them.

Maggie; she's twelve, a tall blonde with big brown eyes, nice, but fat curvy body (yeah, already!), and is the biggest brat I've ever met. Hunter; he's fifteen a little underweight, middle height, and is very annoying and obnoxious. So yeah, I've got a nice home life too, right? Did I mention we live right next to some woods? I walk through them a lot. It's usually when I get home to avoid my family. Me; I'm seventeen, tall, dark blonde with blue steaks at the side of my hair, I have green cat-like eyes and an okay, skinny body.

I start to grow hungry so I walk downstairs to get my piece of pizza. I go to the fridge and grab my addiction; Dr. Pepper. The house is empty so Hunter and Maggie are probably out with their friends causing trouble, Dad's at the store (by what he says, but who the hell really knows?) and Karen is probably out cheating on Dad.

I sit down on the couch, and quickly eat my piece of pizza while I watch America's got Talent.

The phone rings. It's Karen.

"Hello?" She starts out saying.

"Hiii..." I say not too happy by who I'm talking to.

"Hi, Blake Honey! My car broke down on interstate 45 on my way home from visiting my parents! Could you ask your dad to come pick me up?" She sounds out of breath.

"He's not home."

"I guess your going to have to ask the neighbors if you could borrow their truck to come pick me up."

You have got to be kidding me. She can't wait untill my dad gets home!?!! Unbelieveable.

"Alright, I'll be there in 20." I try to hide the anger in my voice.

I walk over to the Johnson's house and ring the doorbell.

"Hi Blake! Good to see you!" It's the mom of this family. The sweet and loving Amy Johnson. She's only twenty and has two kids already!