Duo

On my way home, I started to hum a tune, not really knowing the origin.

I was interrupted from my thoughts from the ring of my cellphone.

I hesitantly took it out of my pocket because I rarely got any phone calls because people who need to talk to me find me in person, so I really have no idea of who can be calling me at this point and time. Might as well find out, right?

"Hello, who is this," I say. My social skills not really up to date, I only recently had a conversation with someone who has the same amount of conversational skills as me.

"Hello, this is Liam, Beta to the Blood Moon pack," he- Liam said professionally.

"Okay great for you, I guess. But, why are you calling me and why do you have my number," I question.

"I am calling you because the Blood Moon pack is in need of your assistance and I have your number because it was in the phone book," he responded.

Dang, I didn't know they still have those. Stupid phone book, I think.

"Okay what does the pack need my help with," I say. Already in business mode.

"It would be better if you come here and talk to the Alpha King yoursrlf. He can be a little stubborn and not trustworthy at times so he has to give you the information in person," he says.

I sigh. Realizing that my dream of peace and quiet is still too far out of reach, I do the only thing my conscience is allowing me to do.

"Okay," I concede.

"Terrific, I'll text you the address. Please be here at 9:30 p.m sharp and make sure to dress appropriately. You are meeting the Alpha king and all."

Great, just great. Now instead of being comfortable in my flats, jeans and a T-shirt, I have to actually look like I give a shit. I come to the conclusion that my life will never be easy.

~

As I drive up to the gates of the house, or dare I say, mansion, I buzz the intercom to alert people that I'm here and trying to get inside.

Before I know it the gates open like butter. No creepy creaking noises from them, I actually could have sworn I heard a 'woosh' and a 'squeak', which really means that these gates were super clean. Why am I talking about the gates?

Maybe, Katherine, its because your nervous?

True.

As I walked inside the mansion I made sure to check my surroundings and know my exits, you never know if something may go wrong. And believe me it has before.

"Ah, welcome," I hear a voice exclaim from the top of the steps.

This man was gorgeous. G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S. Not just GQ model gorgeous but supernaturally gorgeous. I mean I know he's a werewolf but, dang all that beauty can go to a person's head and ego.

"Are you done ogling me yet," mystery man asks.

I shake myself out of it and ask the man,"Who are you?"

The man chuckles and replies with, "I'm the man over the phone. Liam, Beta of the Blood Moon pack."

"Okay nice to meet you. So first question when am I going to meet your King," I cut straight to the point.

"Actually he's in his study right now, waiting for your arrival. So, would you follow me," he asks.

"Of course," I chirp. He just smirks and we soon start walking again.

The silence is too unbearable so I try to start a conversation with Liam.

"Why did you become Beta? Do you have a mate yet? How long have you known the Alpha king? What's your favorite color? Are you gay? Do you want children, if so how many? Do you have-," I'm cut off by a laugh.

I turn to see where the sound came from and saw a man who even topped Liam and Liam on the hot scale was already pretty high. So you can probably imagine what the Alpha King looks like. Pure perfection.

Those deep grey eyes which immediately draw your attention. That muscular body and that hair, oh sweet baby Jesus, that hair. It looked so soft and silky I just wanted to run my hands through it.

"Can you please stop talking my Beta's ears off," the Alpha King said in an amazingly husky voice.

God if you hear me thank you, thank you so fuc- I mean freaking much, Amen.